free website stats program radio promblems | Harley Davidson Forums

radio promblems

HOTROD 94

94 Ultra Classic radio appears to work fine but I only get sound in head set nothing in speakers, speaker on\off only has 5 wires on it but has 6 connecters all the fuses are good feel like:wall

I had this issue on an 08 Ultra, ended up the wires in the wiring harness had chaffed. The harness was routed under the radio and apparently rubbed on it. I had sound the the headset but none from the speakers.

I just relized if both headsets are plugged in you don't have to push the PTT button (thanks to Hobbit) to talk to passenger could this be my problem. will unplug PTT button in morning and find out.:D

PTT button has no effect on headset radio stiil play's in headset even when pushed, checked for continuity on button it's fine but the wires beep the tester when checked I don't think they should. will be taking fairing back off to trace more wires

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio now working:D John from Radio Sound is the "MAN" walked me through what plugs to disconect to track down were the problem was. The man knows his stuff took me 3 minutes and music to my ears from the speakers.Also he was really nice said he's been problem solving radios over the phone since 86 thanks to everyone who tried to help.:s

Radio now working:D John from Radio Sound is the "MAN" walked me through what plugs to disconect to track down were the problem was. The man knows his stuff took me 3 minutes and music to my ears from the speakers.Also he was really nice said he's been problem solving radios over the phone since 86 thanks to everyone who tried to help.:s

HotRod 94; so we know - where did you trace the problem to? Can you tell everyone the root of your speaker/wiring problem, in case this happens to others...thanks.

Back