free website stats program radio problem | Harley Davidson Forums

radio problem

tom g

have a 2009 sg, recently the radio goes mute, no sound. the rest of the radio still seems to be working. the dial is lit you can change stations, move volume control up and down, but never any sound. Turn the power on radio off and on and it will work everytime. Ten minutes later it will do the same thing. Bumps in the road seem to have no barring on the problem. It also will do the same thing with a cd in it. HELP

Check the faceplate and see if the headset icon is activating when you loose your audio.
Any amps in the system?

I dont have a radio on my ride for reasons like this but. Is the radio stock? Does it have an external amp? If it does NOT have an external amp, there is something wrong internal to the radio. If it had an amp, I would start checking the amp for proper operation. Hopefully somebody will be along to help that has/had the same problem.

have a 2009 sg, recently the radio goes mute, no sound. the rest of the radio still seems to be working. the dial is lit you can change stations, move volume control up and down, but never any sound. Turn the power on radio off and on and it will work everytime. Ten minutes later it will do the same thing. Bumps in the road seem to have no barring on the problem. It also will do the same thing with a cd in it. HELP

Have a '08 SG and same thing happened to mine. Had it replaced under extended warranty and was told a common issue with the faring mounted Harmon Kardin radios and Moco is aware of it.
Hope this helps.:D

Have a '08 SG and same thing happened to mine. Had it replaced under extended warranty and was told a common issue with the faring mounted Harmon Kardin radios and Moco is aware of it.
Hope this helps.:D

5 on my 08 RG and 1 on my 11 RG. Yep the Moco knows.

Not trying to imply that you may be as dumb as I was, but Have you checked the speaker switches around the ignition switch, to make sure it is not set to VOX or the helmet selection.

I rode around for 3 days thinking my radio speakers had gone out, until I realized it was just the selection on the speaker switch.

Of course all my closest buds were standing there when I realized it, now I am known as "Switch".:bigsmiley23:

Of course, the radios do go bad quite frequently also.

Good thought on revok's part, but FLHX doesn't have intercom/rear speaker selections, unless it's added later. I think OP's radio's going belly-up & might be time to pull fairing shell to take a look, or start shopping eBay for someone's take-off HK...

Back