free website stats program Radio problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio problem

Trek

Hey everyone,
First I hope everyone is enjoying this early spring. I just got my bike back from having some warranty work done. I had the SE compensator put on under extended warranty. That part seems to be good thus far. I also had them change my oil and transmission fluid with my fluids that I left them since it was due in about 50 miles. 1st problem, they over filled my oil. I went by a buddy of mine who has an auto shop an sucked out the extra that is good now. 2nd issue, I thought I had better check the transmission fluid, it was at the correct level but the o-ring where you check it was trashed to the point that some of it was stuck to the filler tube. I took care of that thankfully I had a spare. The next thing is I went riding today and must have just turned on the radio since I got the bike from the dealer and it won't pick up any radio stations. The cd works but not the radio just static. Any suggestions where to look? Oh and one more little thing I went to look under the seat hoping to see a loose wire or something and either they forgot to put the rear bolt back in or didn't tighten it enough because it's gone. Thanks for any help on the radio and sorry for the long rant but I feel a little better now.

Hey everyone,
First I hope everyone is enjoying this early spring. I just got my bike back from having some warranty work done. I had the SE compensator put on under extended warranty. That part seems to be good thus far. I also had them change my oil and transmission fluid with my fluids that I left them since it was due in about 50 miles. 1st problem, they over filled my oil. I went by a buddy of mine who has an auto shop an sucked out the extra that is good now. 2nd issue, I thought I had better check the transmission fluid, it was at the correct level but the o-ring where you check it was trashed to the point that some of it was stuck to the filler tube. I took care of that thankfully I had a spare. The next thing is I went riding today and must have just turned on the radio since I got the bike from the dealer and it won't pick up any radio stations. The cd works but not the radio just static. Any suggestions where to look? Oh and one more little thing I went to look under the seat hoping to see a loose wire or something and either they forgot to put the rear bolt back in or didn't tighten it enough because it's gone. Thanks for any help on the radio and sorry for the long rant but I feel a little better now.

If i were you I would go back and talk to the service manager about the bad service and have them fix the radio if it worked before it is obvious some one did some thing wrong here JMO

Think i'd find a new delership, but as Jack said i'd also talk to the service manager and let him know what happened! very poor service!!

Do you have stock radio antenna? Doubt they would've gotten under fairing to unplug, but w/the fluid issues you had from service...who knows. I'd say check the rear antanna/wire & see if it came loose & then trace it to the front/radio. Could be cut somewhere in between...good luck!

Thanks for the replies. I figure it has something to do with the antenna that is why I went to look under the seat and found the missing bolt. A thought just came to me, would they have disconnected the battery to do the compensator job? Before I blame them about the seat bolt it might have been gone already. Just trying to figure out why they would have removed the seat and where the antenna would have come loose from.

Thanks for the replies. I figure it has something to do with the antenna that is why I went to look under the seat and found the missing bolt. A thought just came to me, would they have disconnected the battery to do the compensator job? Before I blame them about the seat bolt it might have been gone already. Just trying to figure out why they would have removed the seat and where the antenna would have come loose from.

I find it easier to remove the side cover with my seat removed. They may have just removed the seat to unhook the battery rather then pulling the side cover and the main fuse.

Step number 1, in most cases disconnect battery to avoid accidental starts and possible shorting out electrical while working on bike, car truck, for me any motorized vehicle. I do not like surprises and I like to think after all these years of wrenching I have passed on some good info from trial and error:s

Hey everyone,
I really haven't had any time to look at the bike yet unless I take time instead of riding it. I did realize on the last ride that when I turn the bars all the way to the left the radio works fine, as soon as I straighten the wheel I lose reception. I am guessing a wire being pinched under the fairing somewhere? Any ideas on that note?

Back