free website stats program radio problem on 08 streetglide | Harley Davidson Forums

radio problem on 08 streetglide

My radio will randomly go silent when it is on. The CD will be playing, the time is ticking off as it normally would, all the displays working, volume, base, treble, etc. but no sound coming out. Its like a lose speaker wire. Mechanic at the dealer said they have been going bad. He flashed it, I believe the term was, but still goes in and out. They will have to charge me to take it apart and look to see if its a wire, or..the mechanic believes its probably gone bad. Anyone have this problem with a bad radio? I'm hoping its just a wire..not gettn my hopes up. Thanks. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

there are some pretty indepth diagnostics for the advanced audio system, if the speaker wires were faulty it would set a fault code for which ever speaker failed, also both speakers failing at the same time strikes me as a bit odd. how long does it go out for? does it happen on radio aswell? there is a tech tip on handle bar clamp bolts causing radio skip when the radio hits em. hold down any 2 of the soft keys (1-6) when you turn on the radio to get into diagnostic mode you can test switch functions and it will display 1 dtc if there are any

Does it only go out when playing a CD, or does it possibly go out when using an MP3 player plugged in? Also, what type of CD is it (home-made, burned), and do you have the same problem with other CDs?

there are some pretty indepth diagnostics for the advanced audio system, if the speaker wires were faulty it would set a fault code for which ever speaker failed, also both speakers failing at the same time strikes me as a bit odd. how long does it go out for? does it happen on radio aswell? there is a tech tip on handle bar clamp bolts causing radio skip when the radio hits em. hold down any 2 of the soft keys (1-6) when you turn on the radio to get into diagnostic mode you can test switch functions and it will display 1 dtc if there are any

Thanks for the tips. Have to agree with you all, probably not a lose wire...both speakers go off at the same time. It will stay off anywhere from 5to 15 minutes and it happens in every mode; radio, cd, aux..doesn't matter. I hear (not my radio) the rebuilds are pretty good, as was mentioned. Bought my girlfriend a small XM receiver.. she still has in the box. If it doesn't get installed soon, its going on to my fairing. Thanks Fellas

Back