free website stats program Radio does not display | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio does not display

my radio display is blank, the radio works fine and the back light is lit. Has anyone encountered this problem and what is the fix. thanks:(

My radio started doing this right after I did a software update. If I switch bands, everything comes back. Radio works fine, display just isn't right when the radio first starts.

My radio started doing this right after I did a software update. If I switch bands, everything comes back. Radio works fine, display just isn't right when the radio first starts.
Which version did you do that gave the display problem?
I may stay away from that version.

my radio display is blank, the radio works fine and the back light is lit. Has anyone encountered this problem and what is the fix. thanks:(

I read somewhere that you could lightly push in on the display when it went out and it would come on again. It worked for me but is a temporary fix. My 08 RG did this. I am on my 3rd radio.

Which version did you do that gave the display problem?
I may stay away from that version.

I do not know what version that was. I updated the radio again this morning before I saw your post and did not check to see what it was before upgrading. Good news is that it seems to be working fine now. Current version I just loaded was:

ST10v8.22.0
TMS320v8.19.0

Mine did the same thing a couple of months ago and I have never been able to get the display back. Seems like this is a weak area on the bike as I see alot of radio issues. About all you can do is send if off to be serviced or get a new one. I just listen w/o the display working it's a pain I have to admit but I don't have the cash now to get it fixed.

Back