free website stats program Radio Changes Bands By Itself | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Changes Bands By Itself

bikerjeff

2007 FLHTC with 21K miles. Recently, the radio started "jumping" from the FM band to the "Weather" band all by itself; I would switch it back and shortly thereafter it would do it again, over and over. This is intermittant, but persistant. Coincidentally (hopefully) I had switched out the standard whip antenna for a HD short antenna. Any ideas? Switch? Radio? Antenna?

Thanks!

I don't have a radio so I don't know what buttons are used for what but one way that can happen... If there is a button you press that lets you go from the FM band to the Weather band, I would guess that button has some internal leakage (moisture) and the resistance is right on the threshold of a "toggle'. A very common problem with "tactile" faceplate buttons.

Thanks Hoople; wondered abou that myself. Guess I'll try the old hair-dryer- on-low trick to see if that makes a difference...

Thanks Hoople; wondered abou that myself. Guess I'll try the old hair-dryer- on-low trick to see if that makes a difference...

Hoop has a good idea, with the way our band is switched with the thumb button. I occasionaly change bands when I'm trying to change stations.

I have an 09 ultra and my radio done the same thing and the dealer installed a new switch and problem solved.

this just started on my 08 ultra.

i havent washed it in 2-3 weeks and its been sitting in the garage mostly

its been warm, so i cant think any water laying in the switch.

seems the thumb switch has gotten very sloppy,

i'll have to call the dealer, its driving me crazy,

the radio is now un usable

Back