free website stats program radio/cb antenna wrong by dealer? | Harley Davidson Forums

radio/cb antenna wrong by dealer?

2008 ultra, I just noticed the pictures of 08's show the antenna with the extra curled/coil is on the left side of tour pak. My 08 has the antenna with the extra curled coil on the left! I thought this one was for the cb which I never transmitted on yet. The radio works OK but I did cut the whips shorter. Did the dealer put the antennas on the wrong sides? Anybody-thanks.

My mistake on question, I meant to say my antenna with the curled coil is on the right side, which is opposite of HD photo's.

Boy Im having trouble with this simple question, start over. HD photo shows extra coil antenna on RIGHT SIDE, mine is on the LEFT SIDE.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply bigew55, on my 08 it looks like the loading coil is a few inches up the antenna above mount, on left side. Ill get the service manual out and see. Anybody have an 08 ultra with loading coil on Left?

thanks again for your reply biglew55, yes my cb is on the right side. I guess my question should be which antenna is the cb one, the one with or without the extra curled coil above the tour pak mount?

Here ya go.

Attachments

• Harley Antennas.jpg
    Harley Antennas.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 144
Back