free website stats program race tuner question | Harley Davidson Forums

race tuner question

nascar7613

I had a set of 258 cams put in my 07 SE Ultra . The HD dealer put the map 176QF002-000 in it. When looking at the tuner cals it says that map is for HDI 1800 CVO SE. My first question is what does HDI stand for. Before the cam change I had a stock engine with high flow and a thunder header and race tuner. It dyno'd at 90HP and about 110 pounds of torque. I changed the exhaust to Vance and Hines true duals with monster slip ons and the cam change to the 258's and now it dyno's at 84 HP and 92 pounds of torque. I know the thunderheader makes torque but I didn't think I'd lose that much. I wonder if the map they put in is a mismatch.

Did you put 258's in a bike with stock pistons ?Those cams are nice for a top end rush with a decent midrange but need higher compression than stock.The Harley high compression pistons will help a great deal but those cams aren't the greatest choice for an Ultra.Oh and HDI is indeed Harley Davidson International.A return to the thunderheader would be a good idea also.

Last edited:
Back