free website stats program Quick Release Backrest & Luggage on 2010 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick Release Backrest & Luggage on 2010 Wide Glide

C908

I just purchased a 2010 Wide Glide two weeks ago and plan on having a quick release backrest and luggage rack installed next week. I was wondering if anyone else has already done this and how you liked it. I liked the look of the short stock sissy bar but it would not work with a T bag which I must have for road trips. Because I'm not sure how well I will like the look of having the sissy bar and luggage rack I decided to get the quick release so I can remove it easily if I want a cleaner look. I appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks.

I was at bike night last Thursday and this guy was showing one of to his buddies and it looks pretty slick.He also had quick detach saddle bags where the frame is built into the back of the bag.A minute later the bike was stripped clean.I think those bags are kinda pricey.

I think you'll like it. That's the whole idea behind the quick release/detachable stuff from Harley - put it on when you want or need it and take it right off when you don't.

And do the install yourself!!! It's simple to do, you're just replacing the bolts in the fender struts with longer ones and the "points" that the Q/R sideplates attach to. Don't forget the blue loctite:D

In as few words as possible...for your new bike, one of the best investments of time, flexibility and money, especially if you ride in a variety of different styles...:D

I just purchased a 2010 Wide Glide two weeks ago and plan on having a quick release backrest and luggage rack installed next week. I was wondering if anyone else has already done this and how you liked it. I liked the look of the short stock sissy bar but it would not work with a T bag which I must have for road trips. Because I'm not sure how well I will like the look of having the sissy bar and luggage rack I decided to get the quick release so I can remove it easily if I want a cleaner look. I appreciate any comments you might have. Thanks.

we still wanna see pics of your new ride!

I have both the quick release sissybar and saddle bags on my 06 FXDI35 and gotta say they are sweet. I had to relocate my turn signals but no big deal there. I have to warn ya though, if you take them off to clean and polish your bike make sure you latch them down tight and double check. Nothing like seeing one of your saddlebags bouncing down the e-way at 80 mile an hour:52:

Back