free website stats program Quick-Detach Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Quick-Detach Windshield

pawpaw01

Has anyone replaced their Quick-Detach HD windshield? Mine is ruined from trying to coat/polish it with Rain-X. I have not found anyone that sells just the windshield other than Rifle, their replacement windshield is pre-drilled to use the QD mounting hardware. I have ordered one and will post on how good/bad it actually is after I receive it & get it installed. Ride Safe...

I understand the use of RainX may etch the windscreen surface, but there is no body shop, detailer/finisher that could not polish it out or recondition it somehow?

I could see if surface coated or multi-laminate piece of plexiglas or lexan, but if it is "all the way through" while not using too aggressive heat or chemical polishing treatements to not distort optics, I kinda wonder how hard could the alternative could be...

i replaced mine last summer on my 01 heritage no problems at all. got it from hd here. just the lens had to take all the hardware off old one. got the smoke lens and really love it

Get a Harley accessory wish book. They have all Lexan replacement windshields, clear & smoked..and difference sizes. I just install a new smoked... a piece of cake!

OK guys, the replacement windshield arrived this morning from Rifle. It came pre-drilled for the original quick detachable hardware. I got it installed in about 30 minutes. It is thicker than the HD windshield and the edges are finished much better than the HD windshield. It looks fantastic on the bike, it is 3" taller than the HD ws and the height is just level with the bridge of my nose. It also is as clear as glass. I am very pleased with this new windshield. Total cost was $130.00 to my door, it arrived 1 day early.
As always, Ride Safe...

What brand and p/n did you use for your softail and approximately how tall are you (or the top of the shield to the headlight) as reference?

NEWHD, The company is; Rifle, the sku# is; 0.509.01, and the color/size is; 13-22
It is a clear 22" windshield, measured from the top of the headlight cutout to the top of the shield. I am 5'11", but I have installed brackets on the bottom quick-connections to get the windshield to lay back some at the top. It now has a rake very similar to the front forks. The lower brackets are only about 1/2" but they make a big difference in the angle at the top... I will post some pics this weekend when I can clean the bike up. My bike is a 2008 FXSTC.
As always, Ride Safe...

Thanks Pawpaw01, I have used Rifle Cafe' style Fairing product on one of my "Brand Y" touring bikes and they make a great product, fits well and durable.

Back