free website stats program Questions about wind deflectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Questions about wind deflectors

kzoo

Banned
Just got the shield on the heritage and have a couple questions about the lower wind deflectors

Will they allow ample air flow to cool the motor?
Are they easy to install (I am very mechanically challenged)
Do they help with the buffeting from the shield? If I put my feet on top of the crash bar, the buffeting is mostly gone.

Just got the shield on the heritage and have a couple questions about the lower wind deflectors

Will they allow ample air flow to cool the motor?
Are they easy to install (I am very mechanically challenged)
Do they help with the buffeting from the shield? If I put my feet on top of the crash bar, the buffeting is mostly gone.

Do you mean the triangular chrome deflectors that mount on the forks? If so, yes they allow ample air flow. I have them on my bike, and have an oil temp. gauge. No difference with or without them on. They will decrease the buffeting just about as much as your feet on the crash bar do. Very easy install, remove 1 bolt, loosen 1 bolt & slip on. Some adjustment (bending) may be required to keep from touching crash bar or turn signals.

The fork deflectors are one of the best add-ons I bought. Keep the wind and rain off the legs and much less air in my face. The motor still gets plenty of cooling air.

I've got them on my Heritage also. Really like them. Have run it with and without. Much better with. Looks better too. Only problem is more chrome to remove the bugs from.

Pictures would be nice or at least a part number to reference so everyone knows what the topic is about. :s

Pictures would be nice or at least a part number to reference so everyone knows what the topic is about. :s

If you look at my avatar, you can barely see them. If you click on the picture, I think it gets bigger. Its the vertical strip of chrome right behind the turn signals. Here's another pic where you might be able to see them better

Attachments

• my bike5.jpg
    my bike5.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 221
Back