free website stats program questions about Air Wing Light Kit. | Harley Davidson Forums

questions about Air Wing Light Kit.

ironmark

I am thinking about changing my saddlebag lid rail from the Touring Saddlebag Lid Rail HD part # 53640-96 to the Air Wing Saddlebag Lid Rail HD part# 88299-09, and I am hoping that can use the same holes in the saddlebag lid. But what I am wondering about, will the wiring work with the turn signal run/brake light kit that I currently have on the bike? The Air Wing Rail LED Light Kit HD part #68388-10 works as a run/brake light and that is why I am thinking about upgrading because it will give the bike more visibility but I want to keep the turn signal light run/brake kit. Also all the lighting on the rear of the bike is stock so would the LED,s work with the standard bulbs or would there be a need for a load equalizer?

I installed one on an 08 Road King. The light is NOT particularly visible, unfortunately. It comes with a Y harness that plugs into the tail light plug wiring under the seat. I had put on the running light/brake light/turn signal conversion on mine and it worked fine with that also. The brake light in the wing carrier is not even as visible as the regular tail light in the day time. At night, it is one more light, but not particular attention grabbing. If you already have a cargo carrier, I wouldn't change to the wing just for the light. I just added the Bright Ass Light tail light and it is highly visible and attention grabbing day or night. Save your money for one of those, in my opinion.

I checked and found that the Air Wing Saddlebag Lid Rails mounting points are not the same so I could not use the existing hole in my saddlebag lids so I had to scrap the idea. I already have the Bright Ass Brake light on the bike and I really like it, it is probably the best safety mod that could be done to a bike IMO.

Back