free website stats program Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Question

tcoker

Just turned over 500 miles on my new old heritage 1999. I got questions, 1st when I get on my bike, I do not want to get off. 2nd, some days riding I feel that I have a target on my back with cars trying to run over me ... thanks for the comments... tcoker

Just turned over 500 miles on my new old heritage 1999. I got questions, 1st when I get on my bike, I do not want to get off. 2nd, some days riding I feel that I have a target on my back with cars trying to run over me ... thanks for the comments... tcoker

Welcome to The Forum, 1 ride as much as you can 2 ride like no one sees you and look for escape routes at all times:s

Welcome to the best HD info site on the web. I've been riding for over 50 yrs and I still don't want to stop riding once I'm on the bike. Have you taken a safety course? It will teach you how to do things with your bike you never thought possible. It will also teach you that the cars, for the most part, are not aiming at you, they don't see you!!! Ride safe. Don

Agree with what he said!!! Don't know where you live or what kind of riding you do but, here in the good ole south we tend to NOT ride up town just for a main street cruise. I like to take rides in the country where there are very few vehicles. As for the 2nd question, I hope that continues to be so, ride like there is no tommorrow!!!

These are normal experience. The best way to combat it is to continually ride and constantly read all the safety article you can get and pratice, practice, practice the advice in those articles. In time all the safety becomes second nature while riding and you will enjoy riding even more....

Welcome like they said 1) Ride Ride Ride and 2) once your feel better about riding it won't seem like the cars are aiming for you, but like Jack said always look for escape routes I've been riding 38 years and still do. trust yourself and know what they are going to do before they know what they are going to do.

Problem #1, usually gets worse with time. :s

Problem #2, feeling like you have a target on your back is called "smart".:newsmile07:

Welcome to the forum, 1st there is no solution, 2nd you are a target out there, when its obvious that a cage hasn't seen me or ignored my space on the road I will give them a shot on the horn or get their attention, then give them the wave or even point at them so maybe they will open their eyes and watch whats going on around them. Make eye contact, loud pipes save lives, at least thats my excuse for loud pipes.

Everything has been said more or less,and all good advice too!
Welcome to the best forum on the net !! I would add ....dont assume car drivers see you,or even respect your right to ride.The one assumption you can make is car drivers are mostly ignorant,selfish and extremely arrogant road abusers,and if they can squeeze in anywhere,or stop anything getting in front(god forbid!)of them,they will do everything thats not in the "book of good safe driveing)they possibly can to help them keep thier slice of the road,or get in yours.Ride safe ,and as at your problem #1..there are some extremely good surgeons in the world that can separate you from your bike should it become neccessary!:D so ride as long and often as you like!

Back