free website stats program Question on painting inner fairing. | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on painting inner fairing.

marcus22

I was wondering what people are doing if they have the fairing mounted mirrors and want to paint the inner fairing of the bike. do you leave the back side of the mirrors black or paint that too? I dont see how the paint would hold on the when adjusting the mirrors.

I was wondering what people are doing if they have the fairing mounted mirrors and want to paint the inner fairing of the bike. do you leave the back side of the mirrors black or paint that too? I dont see how the paint would hold on the when adjusting the mirrors.

My friend owns a custom motorcycle paint shop and paints inners all the time - he paints everything except where the mirror pivots - he masks that part off and leaves it black

Get the chrome covers. They really make the mirrors pop IMO.
WAP.gif

When I did mine I did the mirrors also. Didn't do any of the pivot area just the sides & back. Thought it added a nice touch to finish it off.

When I painted my inner fairing I replaced my mirrors with the Kuryakyn covers and installed their fairing mounted mirrors, just a option to think about.

Back