free website stats program Question on Air/Fuel ratio on 2011 street glide 96ci | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on Air/Fuel ratio on 2011 street glide 96ci

hdfozz

I have a 2011 Street Glide 96ci,I have read a lot about Harleys being set up lean from the factory,So just how lean are they being set.If 14.7:1 is theoretically the best.What does the Harley stage 1 actually change? Does it Rich-en the ratio any?.....This is the basic mods that I have done to the bike,Installed the mach2 aircleaner with K@N high flow filter,had the cat removed,Harley stage 1 download,old style screaming eagle slip-ons,, the 98B's. The bike had run really well with this set-up no issues.I just recently changed from the screaming eagles( due to baffle breaking completely in half) to the Cobra 4.5 powrflo's being that the Cobra's have a larger baffle than the SE's would a new remap be needed?

I have a 2011 Street Glide 96ci,I have read a lot about Harleys being set up lean from the factory,So just how lean are they being set.If 14.7:1 is theoretically the best.What does the Harley stage 1 actually change? Does it Rich-en the ratio any?.....This is the basic mods that I have done to the bike,Installed the mach2 aircleaner with K@N high flow filter,had the cat removed,Harley stage 1 download,old style screaming eagle slip-ons,, the 98B's. The bike had run really well with this set-up no issues.I just recently changed from the screaming eagles( due to baffle breaking completely in half) to the Cobra 4.5 powrflo's being that the Cobra's have a larger baffle than the SE's would a new remap be needed?

14.7:1 is not the best, it's the best for emissions. The best AF ratio for performance is in the high 13:1 area (engines differ). Harley's download doesn't do much to richen the mix, they are bound by EPA restrictions. There are many piggyback fuel systems that are adjustable.

I would save the money that the download costs and put it toward a tuner YOU can adjust. You'll be miles ahead when you change something else down the road. My .02

I would save the money that the download costs and put it toward a tuner YOU can adjust. You'll be miles ahead when you change something else down the road. My .02

Only thing that concerns me is the warranty if I install a tuner
WAP.gif

A product like the TFI could always be pulled off if warranty work was needed.

Only thing that concerns me is the warranty if I install a tuner
WAP.gif

The warranty will not affect your bike unless it is proven to be the cause of a problem, in fact most dealers and techs will tell you more fuel is needed be it their EPA compliant download or your choice of a fueler

Back