free website stats program question on a seat (unknown) | Harley Davidson Forums

question on a seat (unknown)

DeadeyeTom

Hey guys I bought this seat sight unseen last week. It's supposed to be from a 2004 heritage softail. I thought it might work for a 2up seat for when the girl wants to go along. but it fits up front fine but the place on the fender where the screw goes in the fender is about 3-4 inches short of the deluxe fender hole on luggage rack. if i take the rack off it looks ok but I don't want to drill a closer hole in fender for back. Is there a reason its this way ? is there a better fix. Or does anyone want this its in perfect shape. $75.00 it was a take off.but the guy died and I got it from the wife. so maybe its not what she said it was. I thought any softail minus duece seats should fit the deluxe if you remove stock rack.
3m33o13l15V25Y25X1b6bc0f91a52b6a61ec5.jpg

I took it to my dealer and they said they dont have numbers on them and of course the young girl working the parts counter has no clue

Did you check the underside of the seat for a part number? They are usually stamped in that area.

I calle the woman I got it from she swears it came of a 2004 heritage that she rode on it twice before her husband bought a solo

I did there are some white numbers on the the leather and front tang but according to the shop those are not part numbers for the seat

shop told me the numbers would be only on the box it came in

Though my local shop is not very helpful on anything unless there in my wallet. If I ask them how to do anything myself I tend to get the cold shoulder. I wanted them a week ago just to come out and look at my belt I thought it might be loose the told me to bring it in for a complete service then and only then they would look at it. so a I drove to a shop 100miles away and the guy walked out with the tool checked it and it was okay. next time I buy there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your local shop is a bunch of wieners.

Find a shop that will do what you ask them to do and stay with them.

Post a pic of the complete bottom of the seat. Most seats have a part number somewhere on the bottom. Post the number on the tang too.

You said it fits fine in the front. If the only problem is the rear mount tab is too short, make a longer one. It probably only has 2 bolts holding it to the seat. Buy a piece of flat Alum. stock at the hardware/home store and cut it to fit, then polish it a bit or paint it black. Only tools req. are hacksaw, drill and file. It may req. a little hand bending (or not) to fit.

Last edited:
I will post some bottom pics in alittle while. I am pretty sure its a harley seat thought plastic pan cheap staples and so on.

100_0845.jpg
100_0844.jpg
100_0843.jpg
100_0846.jpg

Okay heres some bottom picks, I tried to mount it on a 2006 duece today and it was short reaching the back screw hole too. I just want to figure this out so I can get my money back out of it. And sell it for the right bike. The tang with the HD symbol is # RDW-92/61-0067 the white #s 0904977

Back