free website stats program Question on 96 sportster 1200 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on 96 sportster 1200

teerock

got a set of straight long shot exhaust.worry about exhaust returing back to the open valves , I know it need to rejeted

Re: V&H exhaust install problem

reversion of the gas/air back into the motor not happening the pipes are to long, most after market systems lose the balance pipe specially the V&H straights

I believe the idea behind longshots is they are long enough so cold air intrusion is not a problem.

as long as they are if memory serves - i stand to be corrected - if the exhaust is over 18-20" long (most headers) you won't suffer reversion - i don't remember the correct length top of head and as covered in flatting dust waiting for filler to dry I'm only here quickly

IF or When in Doubt:

I have used a set of stainless inserts (internal fitting pipe about 2" long) inside the Head Pipes to motor that kept reversion out of the valves. Worked fine in my 00 dyna using Low back pressure exhaust mufflers.
Seemed at the time they were under 20$ a set.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Brian.....

Exactly... Did the Job Quite nicely on my 2000 TC High-performance Build using Low back-pressure exhaust.
i did notice a big difference using them.:s

signed....BUBBIE

Back