free website stats program Question for Vrod owners | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for Vrod owners

bikermoses

Banned
My mom has a 2004 trike its only got 1800miles and can not find first no problem when leaving garage but when you down shift at a light it will not go into first.Toke bike to stealer yesterday basicaly i was told need to down shift for first at 5mph :dknow.The only way to hit first is if you start out in 2nd then down to first then it will catch clucth seems tight any ideas?

That was an old trick used when tranny's were developing friction cone/synchro gears for smoother upshifts... "--another Wayback time machine moment..."! I would find out a little more about the tranny, and check if you have something bent or out of adjustment, or low fluid level and the like.

Quite possible a clutch adjustment is in order, it sounds like the plates aren't separating enough. Also check the level of the oil in the primary. If it is too high you will have a problem too. If the friction zone on the handle up close to the bars? More than likely is indicating the adjustment is the problem.

Thanks for the insight adjusted cable it was loose but now its to tight for her to pull in .Im going to look into a power assist device.

Back