free website stats program Question for those who are running True Duals? | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for those who are running True Duals?

NickS

My oldschool old man has me concerned with a recent purchase. He was brought up believing that the rear jug should always exit the right side and the front jug the left. Pipes that make a tight curl and exit the left will overheat and burn a hole through them. I keep pointing out Softails with this type of exhaust but he proceeds to tell me that they are all crazy. I see the only True Dual system that follows his theory are the Bassani Hutch series. What are your thoughts?

My oldschool old man has me concerned with a recent purchase. He was brought up believing that the rear jug should always exit the right side and the front jug the left. Pipes that make a tight curl and exit the left will overheat and burn a hole through them. I keep pointing out Softails with this type of exhaust but he proceeds to tell me that they are all crazy. I see the only True Dual system that follows his theory are the Bassani Hutch series. What are your thoughts?

If that was true all of the XR1000 motors would have burned up, ugly exhaust but 1 awesome machine in its day

True duals supposed to be less restrictive but harder to tune because the lengths and differences between the front and rear make balancing and scavenging characteristics the tip of the engine tuning iceberg, which I truly only touched the surface, before beginning persuit of my electronics design major... :small3d029:

Suffice it is to say, the cottage industry of performance tuning for HD motorcycles began the first time one was built...certainly soon after, when one of the inventors asked how can it go a "bit" faster. Old school? :)

Maybe, but it is in the spirit of the young as well as old. Just over 2 1/2 years ago I fell for the siren song of the '04 Sporty, with it's booming straight dual drag pipes. Yeah, loses a bit of torque and performance, but the HD has gobs of torque and once the rest of Stage I was set up making up most of the difference, I took the "loss" and ride my Sporty like I stole it!! How old does that make me? :D

Last edited:
True duals supposed to be less restrictive but harder to tune because the lengths and differences between the front and rear make balancing and scavenging characteristics the tip of the engine tuning iceberg, which I truly only touched the surface, before beginning persuit of my electronics design major... :small3d029:

Suffice it is to say, the cottage industry of performance tuning for HD motorcycles began the first time one was built...certainly soon after, when one of the inventors asked how can it go a "bit" faster. Old school? :)

Maybe, but it is in the spirit of the young as well as old. Just over 2 1/2 years ago I fell for the siren song of the '04 Sporty, with it's booming straight dual drag pipes. Yeah, loses a bit of torque and performance, but the HD has gobs of torque and once the rest of Stage I was set up making up most of the difference, I took the "loss" and ride my Sporty like I stole it!! How old does that make me? :D

Only as old as you want to feel, ride it hard its a Harley, if it breaks you can make it better, Jack

Back