free website stats program Question for Dobeck | Harley Davidson Forums

Question for Dobeck

bobsled

Hello folks at Dobeck,

Guess I'll ask my most pertinent question here. I am really thinking about getting one of your GEN 3 units for my 2011 Dyna, so I can safely run some less restrictive slip-ons and open AC, but the bike is all I have, big expense for me, so trying to be careful. Heard of some bike's ECMs being damaged by Power Commanders, is there any possibility of your unit shorting out or otherwise damaging the ECM on my bike? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.

Our controller will not damage the ECU. We have a circuit that protects the ECU from our controller. If our controller fails it will just default to the stock map or you can just remove the ground and it takes the unit out of the loop. I have heard that about Power Commanders. You will not to worry about that with our controllers.

Our controller will not damage the ECU. We have a circuit that protects the ECU from our controller. If our controller fails it will just default to the stock map or you can just remove the ground and it takes the unit out of the loop. I have heard that about Power Commanders. You will not to worry about that with our controllers.

Thanx for taking time to answer Chris? ( I guess?). Yeah, that is the answer I was hoping for :). Going to go ahead and order tonight- I'm sure I'll have some actual tech questions on getting 'er dialed in just right for my bike- shoot might as well go ahead and ask 1 now.

I'm going to run my bike with slip-ons made from stock Street Bob cans with Screaming Eagle II baffles ( 1 7/8 inch) with an exhaust splitter at rear and a bit of 1 3/4 venturi 6 inches from the rear of the muffler- hybrid design, but seems to make pretty good power throughout the RPM band, and a modified stock Dyna airbox with a K&N OEM replacement filter. Kinda of a stage .75 I suppose. Do think I should turn down the cruise mode one light, and turn up the accelarator mode ( yellow/blue?) .5? Or just try settings it comes with first? Need to be in the 40s MPG on highway, as I do a lot of distance riding and my Street Bob only has 4.7 gallon gas tank.

When you order it,,,,Chris WILL set it up to run on your bike... Quite often Nothing changed is needed from His setting... It should run good and after a tank or so of fuel, you will see and know IF.........
(check your mileage by the gallons/miles, not by the tank full, filling Just to the neck, same each time so you get an accurate MPG)

Then you can go from there...:s

Glad you are getting one...
I KNOW you will like the gen3 , so will your Bike.:D

Don't forget the HDT Discount...

signed....BUBBIE

When you order it,,,,Chris WILL set it up to run on your bike... Quite often Nothing changed is needed from His setting... It should run good and after a tank or so of fuel, you will see and know IF.........
(check your mileage by the gallons/miles, not by the tank full, filling Just to the neck, same each time so you get an accurate MPG)

Then you can go from there...:s

Glad you are getting one...
I KNOW you will like the gen3 , so will your Bike.:D

Don't forget the HDT Discount...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanx Bubbie, should I order by phone then, or think I can get 'er done online? Yeah, I got high hopes for the GEN 3 from everything read so far, including an article by Dr. Dyno on the advantages of running open loop- get rid of crazy hunting narrow band O2 sensors cause. No wonder it is so hard to just cruise on my Dyna, have to constantly get on the throttle to her make happy :small3d031:

Thanx Bubbie, should I order by phone then, or think I can get 'er done online? Yeah, I got high hopes for the GEN 3 from everything read so far, including an article by Dr. Dyno on the advantages of running open loop- get rid of crazy hunting narrow band O2 sensors cause. No wonder it is so hard to just cruise on my Dyna, have to constantly get on the throttle to her make happy :small3d031:

The Correct way to get the HDT Discount is by Phone...

877-764-3337 is one number

Call for Chris on the Phone... This is the ONLY way to get the HDT discount...

They don't give the discount via internet purchase... Besides you want to have Him (Chris) set the gen3 up to Your Modifications. That is the way to go.:D

signed....BUBBIE

And...you'll definitely tell the difference in bike performance from the time you stert 'er up. I hear/see so many riders who swap pipes, A/C, etc. & notice the telltale "pop, gurgle, bang when they decel, or let off the throttle. These little boxes are "magic."

Back