free website stats program Question Difference Between 17997-99A and 18404-08 Pushrods | Harley Davidson Forums

Question Difference Between 17997-99A and 18404-08 Pushrods

Haywire

Just wondering as I am researching pushrods for my 2006 Ultra to use when I do the cam chain upgrade and noticed that there are two options on the Harley Davidson site The 17997-99A and the 18404-08. This is taken from the HD site.
Screamin' Eagle® Premium Tapered Quick-Install Adjustable Pushrods

These premium pushrods are tapered for enhanced clearance at the cylinder head, allowing the use of higher lift cams. The one-piece chrome moly tube adds rigidity and durability, and the threaded adjustment feature provides easy cam installation without removing the cylinder heads or rocker boxes. To simplify adjustment, the tube features six flats, with one flat marked with a large dot for tracking the adjustment. The threaded rod features 4 flats to reduce wrench swing. Each pushrod features the Screamin' Eagle® logo and is marked for "Intake" or "Exhaust". Kit includes 4 pushrods and required pushrod tubes. Available February 2008.

18404-08

Screamin' Eagle® Quick-Install Pushrod Kit For Twin Cam-Equipped Models

These pushrods have been designed to allow for easier installation, adjustment, and improved durability. This unique Screamin' Eagle® design allows for installation of camshafts in the Twin Cam without the removal of the heads or rocker boxes. This design is also a great performer, constructed of stiff chrome moly tubing and thread-rolled adjusters. Kit includes required pushrod tubes and clips for adjustment of pushrods.

17997-99A

Got me wondering what the differences are and which is the preferred set of the two of them.

Opinions, and which people think are the better kit are being asked for. :D

Thanks Haywire

I like the tapperded rods, ether set will work fine for you, the premium rods have not been out as long as the reg. quick installs, I always figure you get what you pay for and I don't mine a extra $15.00 for something like pushrods.

Thanks for your opinion Chopper.
I just want to get the best and also wondered if one was stronger than the other or had a reputation for being more durable.
I agree with you that you usually get what you pay for so I guess it will be the tappered ones for the extra $15 or so.:D

The tappered ones are for higher performance engines so I would hope they are a little stronger.

Back