free website stats program Question about stereo volume... | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about stereo volume...

cvhmpls

Account Removed
I have a 2007 RG and I need to turn the volume all the way up to hear it on the highway ( Ihave a short windshield). My question is this: I have the avc all the way up and when I'm cruising down the highway the volume doesn't increase beyond underneath the "e" in volume, even though the bars continue to move to the right as I keep my finger on the volume up adjustment. The volume stays the same at that point even though the bars are moving to the right. Is this so I don't blow the speakers or is there something wrong with my stereo? Thanks!:dknow

After reading several posts on here about factory stereos and visiting the self help section multiple times I went ahead and bought a set of Hogtunes replacement speakers.They cost me $117.00 with shipping {I think Glider has a link to get them cheeper?}.No modifications needed,the best money Ive spent so far.Now I dont need to turn it all the way up to here it on the highway.Ive also found when downloading mp3 music, by having the volume all the way up on your computer when sending music to your mp3 it plays louder through your system.Not sure why, I just know it does.

I replaced the stock speakers on mine with J&M's.This helped a little with the volume,but not as much as I wanted.
I am now in the process of installing an ARC 125.2 Mini amp and ARC KS speakers.I will also be lining the outer fairing with Dynamat.

Thank you all for the responses so far. I'm eventually going to switch my windshield and probably my speakers. I guess I just need to know if my stereo is working properly. I'm coming to the end of my warranty period. Has anyone else noticed that they stop getting an increase in volume after the bars under volume go beyond under the "e" even though the volume bars continue to move to the right on the radio face? Again my AVC is set to max and I am traveling at highway speeds. Thanks.

I have a 2007 RG and I need to turn the volume all the way up to hear it on the highway ( Ihave a short windshield). My question is this: I have the avc all the way up and when I'm cruising down the highway the volume doesn't increase beyond underneath the "e" in volume, even though the bars continue to move to the right as I keep my finger on the volume up adjustment. The volume stays the same at that point even though the bars are moving to the right. Is this so I don't blow the speakers or is there something wrong with my stereo? Thanks!:dknow

Tyr this simple test.

DONT fire up the bike, turn the radio on and start cranking up the volume. If the volume is really loud , the radio is fine and its the ambient noise while cruising that's your problem.

Has anyone else noticed that they stop getting an increase in volume after the bars under volume go beyond under the "e" even though the volume bars continue to move to the right on the radio face?

Even with the J&M speakers I could not hear the radio that good while riding at freeway speeds.The volume would not make any difference when the bars were set at 5/8-full.Sometimes I had it on full.I'm not sure if your radio is the same as mine ('06) but cant be much different.

I just got done installing the ARC 125.2 Mini and the ARC KS 5026 speakers yesterday.One way to discribe the sound is WOW!
With the volume set at 1/2.this is way louder/clearer than before.

Even with the J&M speakers I could not hear the radio that good while riding at freeway speeds.The volume would not make any difference when the bars were set at 5/8-full.Sometimes I had it on full.I'm not sure if your radio is the same as mine ('06) but cant be much different.

I just got done installing the ARC 125.2 Mini and the ARC KS 5026 speakers yesterday.One way to discribe the sound is WOW!
With the volume set at 1/2.this is way louder/clearer than before.

At 2x the power output of the Harmen kardon , it should be louder.
What was the price if you dont mind >

I dont think I should be advertising the price.I will give the contact info so you can call for a qoute.

RU Motorcycle Fairings (Wayne)
405-206-7283

Very good service and support.

I would like to hear my radio also !!!! Looking @ what Harley offers is somewhat confusing , they offer a upgrade speaker & the also offer a amp , the amp only mounts to the tour pack . I do not have the tour pack & I would like to find out if I can mount a amp inside the fairing . What I am looking for is a AMP that I can mount inside the fairing & wire into the ACC switch & top of the line Speakers . Any info would be great .

Back