free website stats program Question about 883 to 1200 upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about 883 to 1200 upgrade

cedarbrook63

I have a question which may seem dumb to you more knowledgeable types but "Don't Ask - Don't Learn" as they say:
I have an XL883 which I upgraded (well Hobbit did :s) to Stage 1 with SEII pipes, K&N Million Mile air cleaner and Dopeck TFi. If I bring it into my dealership and ask them to upgrade the engine to 1200 and to put a 1200 pulley wheel on the belt drive, will I need to alter any of the mods which we did in bringing it to Stage 1?
Thanks for any advice. :D

Oh yes
WAP.gif

You and the Bob will just be a bigger speck on the horizon :lolrolling
I'm a realist you see :D

Do you notice much of an increase in fuel consumption between 883 and 1200 if your riding style, weight etc. isn't different? I'm just thinking about that little tank and the range I get get from it.

Like Hobbit said - not much to do for adjustments, but you'll definitely feel the performance difference. My lil-bro upgraded his older XL883C w/the 1200 engine kit & other than normal tuning (fuel & air) it was fairly straight-forward. Fuel consumption was about 3-4 mpg less w/the 1200 mod. Just hold on when you hit the throttle & recommend glider's break-in w/the new jugs. Enjoy...:newsmile011:

I'm sure I read somewhere that I should get an additional wheel added to the drive belt. I asked the dealership about this and the chief technician (who's a good guy to deal with) said that that is only for Buells since they don't have a belt tensioning mechanism and that he's never seen one on a Sportster. I'm probably completely off course here:30:.

Can anyone clarify this one?

The kits on order and she's booked in for early Jan. Really looking forward to getting more ooomph out of it.

BTW any tips on what to set the TFi to post conversion?

Thanks again for all advice and answers to these questions :D

Thanks Hobbit - that's just what the man at the dealership said. I'm not sure where I got that from about the pulley - I think I'm staying up too late reading about motorbikes and getting confused. :) zzzzz

If you are worried about the fuel range of your bike then perhaps you need to start looking for bigger tanks
it sure does get fun when you really get involved with making your bike into your bike

Brian

If you are worried about the fuel range of your bike then perhaps you need to start looking for bigger tanks
it sure does get fun when you really get involved with making your bike into your bike

Brian

Have you put a bigger tank on your Sporty Brian?

Back