free website stats program Python exhaust opinions | Harley Davidson Forums

Python exhaust opinions

Jimmy_k

Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my '07 FXDC and like the look of the Python Staggered Duals.

I want the new pipes to be louder than the stock pipes, but not WAY louder. Don't want to headache everytime I ride.

I've listened to various bike exhausts, but I don't think there's a way to really hear what the rider hears without actually riding the bike with them on.

Anybody that has these have an opinion on the loudness, sound, overall quality?

Thanks,
Jimmy

I've got a set of Python on my 05FLTRI and all the people I ride with say they sound great. Since they are behind me and under the hard bags I really don't know what they sound like from behind. I've had them on since 05 and haven't been stopped by police yet.

I have a set of Pythons on my 2001 electraglide , got a real nice deep rumble they are a little loud at 80 mph but Ihave the hogtunes and no problems , you can also make them quiet around town being light on the twist

Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my '07 FXDC and like the look of the Python Staggered Duals.

I want the new pipes to be louder than the stock pipes, but not WAY louder. Don't want to headache everytime I ride.

I've listened to various bike exhausts, but I don't think there's a way to really hear what the rider hears without actually riding the bike with them on.

Anybody that has these have an opinion on the loudness, sound, overall quality?

Thanks,
Jimmy

I Had them on my 2000 fxds and "Looks" "Sound" were great, Full snake skins and Quality built... You could hear me com'n with the dyna big built engine. I don't know if the same sound is in the Newer ones??? I bought the Python 3's on the dyna in 2002-3 ???

I also bought a set for the 2006 XLHR sport (full snake skins)... Perfect, Looks Great and Sound are Not too loud... Nice compliments where ever I go from others.. On the looks and the sound...

I would go for the slash cut out python 3's especially on the dyna.

signed....BUBBIE

I Had them on my 2000 fxds and "Looks" "Sound" were great, Full snake skins and Quality built... You could hear me com'n with the dyna big built engine. I don't know if the same sound is in the Newer ones??? I bought the Python 3's on the dyna in 2002-3 ???

I also bought a set for the 2006 XLHR sport (full snake skins)... Perfect, Looks Great and Sound are Not too loud... Nice compliments where ever I go from others.. On the looks and the sound...

I would go for the slash cut out python 3's especially on the dyna.

signed....BUBBIE

Great -- that's what I'm looking for: Great Sound and Looks, and Not too loud. Want to be able to ride headache free, but with some decent sound.

Thanks BUBBIE,
Jimmy

I guess sound and loudness is very subjective...But my dad has an 08 UC with the standard Python slip-ons. I've riden it a few times, including a 90-mile trip to into Los Angeles. My opinion is that they are pretty loud. Louder than I would ever have my bike. I currently have V&H Twin Slash slip-ons, and they have a nice middle-of-the-road sound level to them. Absolutely louder than stock, but tame enough that you can ride all day and not be fatigued by them.

For me, I would stay away from the Pythons.

I guess sound and loudness is very subjective...But my dad has an 08 UC with the standard Python slip-ons. I've riden it a few times, including a 90-mile trip to into Los Angeles. My opinion is that they are pretty loud. Louder than I would ever have my bike. I currently have V&H Twin Slash slip-ons, and they have a nice middle-of-the-road sound level to them. Absolutely louder than stock, but tame enough that you can ride all day and not be fatigued by them.

For me, I would stay away from the Pythons.

Appreciate the input. Wonder if the V&H big shot staggereds are less loud than the Pythons??

Back