free website stats program Putting air in tires is a ..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Putting air in tires is a .....

dogdad

I know I asked about putting air in tires before and after finding out about the air chuck I needed to do it,, but I have to say,,,,,it is a "PAIN" doing it. I fight to get my hand w/ chuck between the rotor and rim. I would think it would be easier somehow. Is there a better way that I'm not familiar with?

You may using a wrong chuck (too long?) use the stubby one, look in the help sections, we did talked about this not too long ago.

Better let the dealer do it for you. The big plus will be the air he will use is H/D approved and blessed.

If the problem you are having is to get your hand in there between the air chuck and rotor ask your wife to do it for you.Thats what I do as her hands are so much smaller she makes it look easy:D

are you tubed or tubeless? If you have a tube you could have a new tube put in with a different valve stem, If your tubeless you could change the valve stem out for a different one. Maybe one with a 90 in it.

are you tubed or tubeless? If you have a tube you could have a new tube put in with a different valve stem, If your tubeless you could change the valve stem out for a different one. Maybe one with a 90 in it.
Have a tube,,,I think with spokes there's no choice
I bought a 90 degree extention from an R.V. store, just screw it on when I need air. Works really well.

Like the idea,,,I'll look for the angled extension.

Back