free website stats program Pushrods | Harley Davidson Forums

Pushrods

FXLR

Do I need to remove the engine from the chassis to remove the pushrods so I can replace leaking o rings on the pushrod tubes

The rear cylinder seems really close to the chassis. I was worried that the cap screws on the rocker boxes needed to be torqued down. There is no space to get a torque wrench between the chassis and the cover

easiest way is to but quick adjust push rods and cut the old ones out with bolt cutters.. any chance they might have been replaced with adjustables b4?

Bud has you covered on this one, and I agree. Adjustable PRs eliminate the need to disturb the top end. This reduces the chance of something going wrong there. The cost of the adjustables is well worth it IMHO.

TQ

The rear cylinder seems really close to the chassis. I was worried that the cap screws on the rocker boxes needed to be torqued down. There is no space to get a torque wrench between the chassis and the cover

If its like my 85 you have to disconnect the front motor mount and drop the motor down to get to the Rocker Box screws on the Primary side but there is no need to touch them if you just want to replace the Push rods and seals.

Back