free website stats program Pure Power Oil Filter?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Pure Power Oil Filter??

captkirkis

A Friend of mine recently put a....."Pure Power! Lifetime Oil Filter® for HARLEY-DAVIDSON Motorcycles".... on his 2008 Ultra. He swears by it. Has anyone here tried it....I think I'll stick with the H-D filter, unless others seem to think its any good. They're on the web http://www.gopurepower.com. Like I said, I'm going to stick with the h-d filter, just curious what others think.

i'll stick with OEM thanks, why would i want a lifetime filter do they send me a new every 5K ? and the price $200 thats how many filters?? at UK exchange thats 28 filters i doubt i will have the bike that long

GOOD POINT! :hummerI didn't even think about that, I know I won't have my current bike that long!!

No mention of the micron rating, I believe they are 20 micron rated. I'll stick with the HD filters at 5 microns.

I found this filter system on e-bay for $189 with free shipping and it rates it a 20 microns, according to the info I have the twin cams require 5 micron filtration.

At 13.95 per filter that's 13 or 14 oil changes with the OEM filter that provides the protection you need. Change your oil twice a year that's 6 years of oil changes!!

Buy it if you're OK with the 20 micron rating instead of the 5 that HD filters offer. When your piston oil jets clog up and you have to split the cases to get at them, just think of all the money you saved on the filters :s

Back