free website stats program Purchase Advice,Please! | Harley Davidson Forums

Purchase Advice,Please!

PackN

I have a 02 Ultra that I was going to change Fairings on,but it seems that it is a Pricey and Intense Proposition.Found a 2008 Road Glide that I may be interested in.My concern is it has 163K Miles.The Seller is a Close Friend that I trust. I do not want to invest lots of money on it if things start going South on it. He just bought a 2017 Glide at a Good Price(16K) otherwise he would of kept it. My Price is $4500 on the 08.Should I buy it or just save some more cash and buy something with less miles?All Valued Opinions will be Deeply Appreciated!

PackN

I have a 02 Ultra that I was going to change Fairings on,but it seems that it is a Pricey and Intense Proposition.Found a 2008 Road Glide that I may be interested in.My concern is it has 163K Miles.The Seller is a Close Friend that I trust. I do not want to invest lots of money on it if things start going South on it. He just bought a 2017 Glide at a Good Price(16K) otherwise he would of kept it. My Price is $4500 on the 08.Should I buy it or just save some more cash and buy something with less miles?All Valued Opinions will be Deeply Appreciated!

PackN
In my opinion, $4500 is too much for an 08 with mileage way north of 40,000 on her.
In the end, it all boils down to how sure and how attached you might be to that bike.
An old saying comes to mind: "Let the buyer beware".

163,000 is a lot of miles, but if well cared for it may be a really good buy, KBB retail is ~ 11,000, trade in 8500. Maybe having it checked out by a good mechanic would be prudent.

It is a crap shoot, 0 miles or 160,000 miles.
In 2012 I bought a brand spanking new CVO Streetglide, on the ride home I had no rear brakes
I could stand on the pedal and barley slow down.
I put over 500 miles back and forth to the dealer for warranty work. Might have been 8 miles round trips.
They bought it back after a few months.
The replacement bike ,new , had 0 problems.
Good luck deciding, but myself, I would be prepared for repairs.

The price is good but the miles would scare me off. At 4500 you have some wiggle room for repairs but anything major your right up there with what the bike is worth. JMHO.

I truly appreciare all the valued opinions you guys are giving me! I do have a 08 TC Motor with 12K Miles on a Shelf in my Garage in case the one in the Bike takes a Dump,but that is not my worry.My worry is the Nickel and Dime stuff like Engine Mounts,Neck Bearing or Swingarm Bushings.Money adds up fast when you are not a Wrench!Not trying to talk myself into it but she has some nice add ons.Tuner True Duals and Stage 1 Air Filter,etc. Thanks Again Fellows!
PackN

Back