free website stats program Pulley width question | Harley Davidson Forums

Pulley width question

Jdsmitty10

My 07 deuce has a 1" wide belt. The pulley hog pro sent me is measuring 1-1/8" on the inside teeth area. Is this right? Should the belt be more snug in there? I already sold my stock wheel and pulley so I can't look at that. The thing that worries me is older deuces had a 1-1/8" belt. I hope hey didn't send me the wrong one!!
WAP.gif

My softail has 1/16 differance, maybe you should drop Hog pro an E-mail explain your concern and have them double check the numbers.

Thanks for the reply charlie. Can anyone else chime in on their pulley width compared to belt? Hog pro is closed til Monday and this is really bothering me since I already had to pull the pulley once for bad chrome, send it out to them wait 2 weeks til my new one came. Maybe someone with a custom pulley?
WAP.gif

It is a brand new pulley zero miles and the chrome was bad on the back face of the pulley, not near the teeth .. Thanks though. The replacement I bolted on and it has an 1/8" space between belt and pulley. And like I said before ALL other yr model deuces had a 1-1/8 Belt. 07 had a 1". To me that is easy to mess up when ordering a pulley from renegade. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow when I talk to hog pro.
WAP.gif

Pretty sure it's wrong. Dennis Kirk says 1-1/8" pulleys for any other deuce yr. My 07 comes up 1". What kinda compensation should I be asking for for all this trouble. First one shoulda never been shipped with bad chrome. Second one shoulda never been shipped the wrong size.
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the pulley is the right size. Hog pro is sending me a new pulley spacer though for some belt clearance issues. Right now the belt is too tight with the swingarm and there's plenty of space btween tire/ belt.
WAP.gif

Back