free website stats program Propane fuel | Harley Davidson Forums

Propane fuel

tlyoungb

I wonder if anyone knows if this will every happen. Harley Davidson coming out with a Propane Fueled Motorcycle? It does not seem that it would be that hard to do. I wonder how that would work? The only problem I see is getting LP Fuel on a trip.

I did not have experience with propane ...but drove a service van for my job..was CNG...(compressed natural gas)...cheaper fuel...would get 100 per cylinder, and if you run low flip a switch and it would change to gasoline...Our service vans were 1 ton units filled with refrigeration cylinders, and tools and reclaiming eq...no problems at all. Some of the units were propane but all changed to CNG...more reliable. and the CNG was a fairly small conversion to complete.

This is awesome. There is some good input here. I can see the carbed
Bikes May not be a huge issue, but the fuel injected bikes. What kind of
Problems would they be? And my thought was that on CNG or natural or propane gas you would get better fuel milage. Is there also a difference between these three types of fuel and how they are produced? Which do you think would be better?

Well CNG is I believe the cleanest...its a true Gas ...propane is a bit dirty and its actually a liquid and stays that way under pressure...but if you were to look at inlet screens on Valves propane is much dirtier....CNG ..clean...But the propane burns much hotter...1060 vs about 2200 btus...lol so get a little give a little...lol I never heard of a accident with CNG conversions ..but have heard of accidents with tanks in conversion that run propane...lol

Back