free website stats program Progressive shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive shocks

rebels1

Looking for the cheapest place to buy a set of chrome HD progressive shocks for a 07 Streetbob . I believe the stock length is 12" . Is this correct ? What harm or good would it be if I went 12.5's ?

Thanks In advance !!!

Hi recentely buy mines 412 from rob's cycle supply on ebay.

and before my Vance & Hines too, everything work great with this seller.

I've been running the low profile shocks (fox) that were an option years ago. They are 12" c/c which lowers the back end about 1' or so. I have not heard of anyone having trouble with 12" but if you lower any further, modifications are needed.

I don't want to lower the bike ,I want to longer . Is the stock shock length for a streetbob 12" or 12.5" ? I want a better ride when I an riding 2 up and when riding 2 up with a 35 or 40LB luggage bag . When riding like this the bike bottoms out on bumps . Any reconmendations?

I'm not sure what the stock length is but call the Harley dealer in Pensacola and they can tell you.

I'm not sure you need to go to a longer than stock shock, you can get the heavy duting Progressives in about any model. I have some heavy duty 440's and I ride two up with approx 360 lb load and I don't need to make any preload adj to the shock....no problem with "bottom out".

Back