free website stats program Progressive Shocks versus New Two Up Shocks for the Nightster | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive Shocks versus New Two Up Shocks for the Nightster

Dudz

Howdy,

I was going to get some different rear shocks for my nightster. My spine has been crushed too many times and I would like to be able to ride comfortably with a passenger at times. I was going to get Progressives (not sure what size) but it seems Harley has there own version that is cheaper by about 40 bucks or so. Anyone have any advice? Anyone tried the Harley ones? Thanks!

dudz

I put progressives on my Custom. (11.5" as I recall...std length, in any case) I'm 180lbs and my wife is 120lbs. Locally we ride it with the pre-load cranked up to 5. On the highway, 4 is more comfortable. Except for the occasional bottom out, it's been a real blessing.

HD knows how to make motorcycles. Progressive knows how to make shock absorbers. I have progressive units on both my street bikes (Nightster, Honda Shadow Aero) and could not be happier. The HD shocks are cheaper for a reason...

I have Progressive 412's on my 08 Sportster 883 Custom. I really like mine a lot, especially after I stepped them up, it's a night and day difference. Can't recommend them enough.

Hi everyone.
I have a related question. I would like to replace rear shocks on my Forty-Eight and I am quite sold on Progressive. My question is: should I get the same exact length of my HD originals or would you recommend to go slightly longer? I don't want to change the geometry or design of the bike. Just looking for a more plush ride.
Thanks!

Hi everyone.
I have a related question. I would like to replace rear shocks on my Forty-Eight and I am quite sold on Progressive. My question is: should I get the same exact length of my HD originals or would you recommend to go slightly longer? I don't want to change the geometry or design of the bike. Just looking for a more plush ride.
Thanks!

You should be able to get the desired effect by the choice of spring installed on shock. Call progressive and have a discussion with them and I am sure they can get you the proper set up you are looking for.

Back