free website stats program Problem with headset | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with headset

drt44

I picked up my 2009 Ultra Classic on Friday. The dealer installed the headset and speakers in my helmet. When I tried to listen to the radio or my ipod, I got static whenever I attempeted to turn the volume up. I played with the controls and the only way I got any volume was to turn the bass off. I was wondering if this is common or is the speakers in the headset bad?

The stock headset speakers can NOT handle any bass what so ever. I mean zero. What I did was cut them off and spliced in some from a gaming headset I bought at Comp USA. Still not the best but they work for us as we're not into the heavy bass music or audiophiles.

Another thing to try is putting the intecoms to open mic then the music can be played louder without all the distortion. Just be sure and lower the radio volume before putting the mics back on auto or you'll blast yourself.

The stock headset speakers can NOT handle any bass what so ever. I mean zero. What I did was cut them off and spliced in some from a gaming headset I bought at Comp USA. Still not the best but they work for us as we're not into the heavy bass music or audiophiles.

Another thing to try is putting the intecoms to open mic then the music can be played louder without all the distortion. Just be sure and lower the radio volume before putting the mics back on auto or you'll blast yourself.

Glad to hear that this is the same for other folks. You would think that the motor company would provide better quality sound, it's just not that expensive/difficult anymore to get awesoome sound????

Back