free website stats program Primary issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary issues

Moneywoes

Just a quick observation,,,, I'd Not use the Syn3 in the primary, Some have had clutch problems believed to be from using it there...:newsmile055:

Harley Does make a fine product for the primary called Formula + if you want to use a HD product.:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

When I changes the primary fluid, there was some normal clucth powder on the magnet. There was also a couple metal slivers, about 1/4" long and about as thick as a hair. Based on this and the noise i have from the primary, I ordered a new SE compensator. It shipped yesterday.. When i change it I'll look at alternative primary fluids. Is the Formula + a synthetic?

Re: TFI on top of SERT

Plan on oil grooving it or running as is out of box?

Saw a couple threads about them not getting oil, and saw a picture of oil grooves cut into one in one of those post. Figured I'd take a look at it when I got it and make up my mind then. From what it looked like it would be pretty simple to chuck it up in the end mill at work and cut a few grooves.

Whats your recommendation and reasoning?

Thanks

Plan on oil grooving it or running as is out of box?

Hoople is asking and I am Leaning toward doing the grooves Before you install the SE...

Simple to do, hand grind/cut with a small carbide in a hand drill or ? and that Does leave-in a little more lube INSIDE where it CAN'T get, Unless you Groove... 3 places on the rear face in-line with the spokes. 1/8 deep

LOTs of reading Here and on other sites tell ME that the Grooves HELP. The reading I have done told that the Formula + did the best to keep SE Comp. from FRETTING.

+ is strictly Mineral.. But works great.

Personally I use ONLY Redline products ,MTL in My Primarys (TC's) for MANNNNNNNY Years and several Bikes for Perfect lubrication..

signed....BUBBIE

OOPSY,,,, This is the wrong place to discuss the problems and for TFI answered by Dobecks Thread.. MY BAD..:newsmile055:

We best MOVE else-where to cover this.. Make a new Thread for answers on Other than for TFI's

signed....BUBBIE

Good point BUBBIE.

Let's keep the chat out of the Dobeck area unless it pertains to the TFI.

Thanks

Back