free website stats program Primary filler spout | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary filler spout

DavHJ

I baught this new Primary filler spout that fits into the dirby opening and the box says it fits all Twin Cam models well it doesent, it does not fit Twin Cam 88 models the dirby opening is too big. the picture on the box showes a Twin Cam 96 primary cover and it looks like the dirby opening is much smaller. I was able to return it with no problem.
Just a heads up for all the Twin Cam 88 owners.
Dave

Attachments

• 63797_10_VIEW2_25b2f.jpg
    63797_10_VIEW2_25b2f.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 32
A simple one I use it a MULTI-FIT tool...(no puns intended!)

TAKE A piece of LINT-FIBER free cardboard paper,,, cut @ a taper from 5" to 2.5 " at 6" long..

FOLD into HALF (the 6" way) and you have the perfect THROW AWAY or as ALGORE says: wipe off n save for next use.

I find the small V placed next to the bottom left of clutch works best and no spill if done correctly! YOU can taper cut the small end (snout) to adjust angle to clutch if desired...

NOW how about that.

signed....BUBBIE

I cut up a used 1qt oil bottle that came with primary fluid in it origionally made it for the 93 sportster very small openings on it and it works on the big bikes as well
and all it cost was 5 minutes to do and has worked on 5 different bikes

Brian

Saw this at the dealer and thought naaaah, I'll save the moola and by more chrome. I have a goose neck steel funnel that works perfectly for me, I can even use the same hole they are showing in the pic.

A simple one I use it a MULTI-FIT tool...(no puns intended!)

TAKE A piece of LINT-FIBER free cardboard paper,,, cut @ a taper from 5" to 2.5 " at 6" long..

FOLD into HALF (the 6" way) and you have the perfect THROW AWAY or as ALGORE says: wipe off n save for next use.

I find the small V placed next to the bottom left of clutch works best and no spill if done correctly! YOU can taper cut the small end (snout) to adjust angle to clutch if desired...

NOW how about that.

signed....BUBBIE

Niiiice! I stumbled on a site a while back that demo'd how to fold the oil filter box into a troth to route the runoff into the pan when changing the filter.

I have a dealy-do I made to do this and thought neat and moved on to the next site, I just wish I'd of bookmarked it now for this cuz I have no clue where I was on the interweb then :(

I use a funnel with a piece of clear plastic tubing on the end. I push the tubing in at the front end of the clutch, and it stays there while I fill it.

I use a med size plastic funnel and cut the end at an angle to fit into the bottom of the primary. The cut end is open half way up the tip of the spout and faces the primary. It sits upright better than the funnel did before I cut it and flows oil faster too.

I use my wifes funnel from the kitchen cupboard. No I didn't put it back and she hasn't mised it yet thankfully.

Trek...your living on "borrowed time"...LOL :D I did the same only I have funnel with cover and flexible clear hose...easy to fill primary or in the case of my Sporty thru the primary adjustment/inspection cover. Only had to have the derby cover off just once to insure that 34 oz does the deed to the bottom of the clutch gear just fine. :s

Back