free website stats program Primary Chaincase Noise? | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Chaincase Noise?

risuperglide

I have noticed that when my bike sits for several days & is bone cold, after I start her up & put it in gear & let off of the clutch & start rolling that I think I hear a kind of a squeaking noise that I believe is comming from the Primary Chaincase. Funny thing it's only there for a few seconds as when the bike gets in forward motion it goes away? It only does this when its bone cold, even after a warm start it does not do this at all? The bike only has 1800 miles, 2010 FXDC & had the 1000 mile service done before I put her away for the winter. Should I stress about this few second squeaking thing?.......:sd

I have noticed that when my bike sits for several days & is bone cold, after I start her up & put it in gear & let off of the clutch & start rolling that I think I hear a kind of a squeaking noise that I believe is comming from the Primary Chaincase. Funny thing it's only there for a few seconds as when the bike gets in forward motion it goes away? It only does this when its bone cold, even after a warm start it does not do this at all? The bike only has 1800 miles, 2010 FXDC & had the 1000 mile service done before I put her away for the winter. Should I stress about this few second squeaking thing?.......:sd

Take it in under warranty . have the compensator checked:s

I would take it and leave it at the dealer overnight so they will have the bike stone cold to hear the noise.

I would also be sure and not overlook something that has come loose. Like a heat shield or exhaust bracket etc. I usually start grabbing things (when cold) and tapping on stuff to search out strange noises.

Bodeen

I would also be sure and not overlook something that has come loose. Like a heat shield or exhaust bracket etc. I usually start grabbing things (when cold) and tapping on stuff to search out strange noises.

Bodeen

I'll start grabbin at stuff tommorrow before I ride!........:coffee

I'll start grabbin at stuff tommorrow before I ride!........:coffee

Pop off the derby cover and have a look inside make sure you can see lube in there, It could be as simple as too low of fluid, some times the techs get in a hurry, not trying to make excuses for them but some are lazy JMO

Thats a good idea Jack has you never know. You could have lost some and now it to low. I would at least check it be for riding any. Good luck.

From what you describe, I would suspect the belt making a squeak when first starting out cold. You can try raising the rear wheel off the ground, putting the tranny in neutral and rubbing a candle or crayon against the sides of the belt as you rotate the rear wheel. This will apply some wax to the sides of the belt and that will then apply it to the sides of the pullies. Do this for several revolutions of the rear wheel.

See if that helps.

TQ

Back