free website stats program POWER INPUT FOR GARMIN GPS Nuvi 500 ON VROD 2008 | Harley Davidson Forums

POWER INPUT FOR GARMIN GPS Nuvi 500 ON VROD 2008

Been thinking about this myself... I have this cable connected full time to the battery to connect to my tender when the bike is in the garage -

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

I was thinking I might get a matching connector and then put one of these on the other end -

CIGARETTE LIGHTER PLUG LEADS (FEMALE) [STRAIGHT LEADS] :: CIGARETTE LIGHTER POWER EXTENDERS :: Installation Accessories (TOOLS) :: AUTOTOYS

Then I could plug my garmin adapter into the cigarette lighter plug. You could either hide it all and make it perm or just plug it in and strap it up when needed.

Until I decide what to do, I only turn on the nuvi when I really need it and charge it in the car afterwards ... a pain.

Welcome Yellow16 to the HDTimeline forum...you will find a lot of information in the tabs near the top of the page under Self Help and threads to specific subjects using Search and entering keywords.

You can use a Battery tender pigtail with inline fuse and battery terminal eyelets ($9) and HD Acc Receptacle for baggers...$30 w/ cover; or get one already made by an English company Ecklipps or something similar $20. Don't forget to reverse the polarity of the cigarette lighter harness side (because you are reversing the purpose of the cord to source power rather than receive power, but use a DMM to check polarity to be sure (center should be +, shell should be -). Sorry for the rough picture below:

I use a Tom-Tom One, Küryakyn Mount, use a small baggie to waterproof the works, transfers from vehicle to vehicle easily...

DSCN0788-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back