free website stats program Power gains | Harley Davidson Forums

Power gains

hogrotten

Just wondering what kind of of gains I could expect if I was to go with a larger manifold,and injectors and send my heads in for cnc porting? I'm running a 106" motor with 583 S&S cams and I'm currently at 90hp and 110torque.

Depending on what you do I wouldn't think the torque would increase as much as the horse. I would suggest talking to whoever is going to do the heads and discuss with them what your riding style and needs are. What kind of exhaust are you running?

I'm not sure how you woud quantify the gains but I'd bet money you would really feel it in throttle respose and in the seat of your pants

All depends on what you also do to the fuel and ignition mapping. That can be one time consuming project, especially the spark advance curves. Where did you get the ignition maps for your current 583's.

All depends on what you also do to the fuel and ignition mapping. That can be one time consuming project, especially the spark advance curves. Where did you get the ignition maps for your current 583's.

Had it tuned at Trask Performance here in Phoenix, and quite honestly not that happy with it. They did go in and adjust the VE tables but they left the tuning constants at 110" and it appears they only changed the advance curve where pre ignition was a concern. :dknow

Depending on what you do I wouldn't think the torque would increase as much as the horse. I would suggest talking to whoever is going to do the heads and discuss with them what your riding style and needs are. What kind of exhaust are you running?

I'm running Hooker longs.

I'm running Hooker longs.

Is there a cross-over in those?
WAP.gif

If done properly, porting and flowing your heads and increaseing your compression by decking your hrades slightly should give you greater HP gains to the point that they exceed the inches of your motor, i.e., 106" > 106 hp.... As far your exhaust is concerened, besides 2 into 1 exhausts, the Hooker Step Tuned exhaust seems to give a very good result in HP and torque gains. I have the Hookers on my 119", I dyno at 140hp with 143tq.

Good Luck, hope you get what you are looking for...

If done properly, porting and flowing your heads and increaseing your compression by decking your hrades slightly should give you greater HP gains to the point that they exceed the inches of your motor, i.e., 106" > 106 hp.... As far your exhaust is concerened, besides 2 into 1 exhausts, the Hooker Step Tuned exhaust seems to give a very good result in HP and torque gains. I have the Hookers on my 119", I dyno at 140hp with 143tq.

Good Luck, hope you get what you are looking for...

Thanx, I was just looking at the Big Boyz web site and think I'll give them a go for the porting. As for the decking will they know how much can be shaved if I give them a list of the mods so far or will that have to be determined by other meens?

Back