free website stats program power commander went to lunch | Harley Davidson Forums

power commander went to lunch

glimmerman

went riding today w/ the rk. after about 20-30 minutes the engine coughs and misses a few times. rev it up and it backfires. went about 2 blocks and the bike dies. starts and dies several times with backfire out the pipes and through the a/c. pull off and some friends help me disconnect the power commander as i suspect this first and sure enough the bike starts and runs great although down on hp and torque. 01 rk and i have had trouble keeping it at a 1050 idle for the last year. just won't hold-always drops to 600 even after adjusting. now idle is ok and engine runs smooth other than less power. what happened? should i install a fuel pak to get my power back or just leave it alone. waiting to find out about recall on ultra so rk is the bike for now. thanks.

I've heard of many PC's going bad and be thankful it didn't take the ECM with it as some have.

I had a PC go back on my 2001 Suzuki GSXR-1000, you would be riding and the PC would shut down, kick on, shut down, kick on, However they did replace it, and I never had a problem with the 2nd one.

Yep, third vote for a TFI...Christmas is coming.:newsmile018:

4 th vote..... YES

Do you have or HAD military/police etc ??? they DOBECKS TFI offer a GOOD discount if you qualify.... ABOUT 255$ & for a TFI and worth every bit n easy to set-up and adjust... it is doing GREAT THINGS for many on this site....

My 09 FLHR runs better than I expected ..... SHOCKING how much more power than before TFI

stage one only and happy for now....

signed....BUBBIE

I have a PC have 54,000 on her and you guys are scaring the heck outta me. I don't do the short corner store rides. I go to DC, Cali , Canada... i don't want this thing going down in the middle of nowheres. Any before hand warnings before its" goes to lunch"?

my only clue, now bear w/ me here as i don't have a lot of experience w/ h-d's. i noticed the engine was feeling rough and i am comparing this to the new ultra i just bought. but it just seemed rough whenever i rode it. the idle was the indication something was wrong but i just put up w/ it. when you're riding it surges and spits then starts backfiring thru pipes and out intake. this is bad enough to pop the oil fill plug out of the case. i'll ride it for now w/ the st-1 download but will get the tfi when i get a better cash flow. busy decking out the ultra now. thanks for the help. i talked to a guy at work today (mon.) and his did the same thing going to laconia in '07. dealer took it apart drilled some holes in it and pumped it full of di-electric grease and said it was from water. beats me, just glad i was able to figure it out and get home.

my only clue, now bear w/ me here as i don't have a lot of experience w/ h-d's. i noticed the engine was feeling rough and i am comparing this to the new ultra i just bought. but it just seemed rough whenever i rode it. the idle was the indication something was wrong but i just put up w/ it. when you're riding it surges and spits then starts backfiring thru pipes and out intake. this is bad enough to pop the oil fill plug out of the case. i'll ride it for now w/ the st-1 download but will get the tfi when i get a better cash flow. busy decking out the ultra now. thanks for the help. i talked to a guy at work today (mon.) and his did the same thing going to laconia in '07. dealer took it apart drilled some holes in it and pumped it full of di-electric grease and said it was from water. beats me, just glad i was able to figure it out and get home.

Thank you now am wondering..i will start the Bike and runs very ruff then smooths out runs good ...unless i go for a real short ride like 3 miles to a gas station. When i try and restart it after i run in for a pop are something. It don't wanna run . I will have to twist the grip to get it to take off and then runs great. Did you happen to notice your plugs? mine looked like they should according to the book. However ,and i never thought of it. Another member here "Hobbit" indicated with all the additives ya can't do a diagnosis's like the old days so not even sure thats a dependable. I agree with "Hobbit" but thanks man I applicate your response. I loved the PC had it since 04 Dang!

Back