free website stats program Power Commander V auto tune kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander V auto tune kit

AZDave

Two months ago I added a Power Commander V. I have 1.75 Rush slip-ons and a SE air cleaner so I was thinking about having a dyno done but they want $400 at a local well known speed shop. I can buy the Power Commander Autotuner for $350.00 that self maps. Has anyone added the Autotuner and how do you like it?

Two months ago I added a Power Commander V. I have 1.75 Rush slip-ons and a SE air cleaner so I was thinking about having a dyno done but they want $400 at a local well known speed shop. I can buy the Power Commander Autotuner for $350.00 that self maps. Has anyone added the Autotuner and how do you like it?
I added a HMF exhaust kit and power commander 5 on my Quad (09 Z400). I am having problems stalling going in to first gear and in Reverse. Are you saying to take the bike in to get the PC5 properly tuned is $400? and you are also telling me you have to buy a new device to get these thing properly tuned??

It never dawned on me why I was having these problems on the Quad, I then realized that most of these things happened after I installed the PC5. Is there anyway to adjust or tweak this from a laptop?

My bike Runs good now but they did map the tuner based on the stage 1 SE and the 1.75 slip-ons. I can tune it at a local speed shop for 4 hours on a dyno buy if I do any changes say trade up to different pipes I have to re dyno the bike. If I pay $350 for the Autotuner and make it a closed system I would not need a Dyno if I later changed the pipes. I do not know about your system. I can buy the autotuner or do the Dyno either will work but I do not need both. Yours should have been pre maped like mine was when I placed the order did you tell them how it was changed if any from the factory? Did they preset it for you. My kit came with the plugs to plug into a laptop if I want to change anything in the future.

I would go with the auto tune module and then you're set. You can download maps as needed for future changes.

I am leaning that way, I was waiting to hear if someone on the forum is using it to see it they could tell a differance after installing it.

Call Jamie at Fuel Moto and get his thoughts. If you didn't buy the PCV from him, he'd still point you in the right direction regarding the +/-'s of AutoTune.

Fuel Moto USA

I'm running a PCV w/ autotune and I love it. Bike just keeps getting better. I'm excited to see how it responds to my latest cam/head change. Good luck.

Put the autotuner on last night, should know how it does this weekend. I did run around the block on her once and seemd great.

Dave,

I rode my bike Thursday for the first time this summer. I did heads, cams & SE compensator over the winter. Bike ran a little rough at first but as I rode her, she got better and better. I never jumped on it but I did roll on the throttle on a steep uphill and she pulled like a train. You'll be happy.

Back