free website stats program Power Commander III usb quit working | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander III usb quit working

hdrider8157

I was updating the firmware and the pc quit working. No lights and computer will not connect to it. Bike wouldn't start until I disconnected the pc and used the stock ecm. Anyone had this problem? Thanks

Last edited:
I was updating the firmware and the pc quit working. No lights and computer will not connect to it. Bike wouldn't start until I disconnected the pc and used the stock ecu. Anyone had this problem? Thanks

Had a problem with mine where the computer wouldn't recognize the pcIII.
Tried plugging/unplugging cable and new 9v batt.
Reloaded the software into the computer and fixed that problem. Had to reset the throttle position, but that's all. No problem after that.

I've already ordered the new pcv unit and getting lcd as well. When the wide band commander and auto tune is released, getting Fuel Moto to send that also.
doc
So, in a little bit, I'll have a pcIIIusb unit I'm not using. Going to ask my cousin in Pensacola if she wants it for her '08 Dyna. If not, then I'm willng to sell (cheaply).

Since you were updating I am guessing you have previously connected so no worries with OS version or anything like that. Sounds like it may be DOA. Does Dyno Jet offer any diagonistics if you send the unit in?

Dynojet has awesome tech support. Give them a call they will walk you through the problem. 800-992 -4993:s

Thanks guys. I emailed Dynojet support and they said it sounds as if my PC III needs to be reprogramed. I can send it to them or I can take it to one of their service centers or I can buy a reprogrammer from Dynojet for $40.00. I will probably take it to the service center and get it checked to make sure it still works rather than buy the reprogrammer and then find out the unit is DOA.

Back