free website stats program Power Commander II Map | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander II Map

Pistol Pete

Hi everyone. I've ridden crotch rockets for 15 years, and now finally decided to buy Harley. I bought a 2001 FHLRI..........it's great, I don't know why I waited so long. There's some thing about a Harley.
Anyway here is my problem. My Road King currently has stock ECM, stock headers, stock airfilter, and kerker slip-ons. I just picked-up a Power Commander II from a friend, I loaded on MAP with everything stock except slip-ons. The bike currently runs fine, but I have a hypercharger ready to go on but I'm unsure of the MAP to choose. And there is not a lot of info on the PowerCommander Website about the PCII.
There is one MAP with stock ECM, stock headers, slipons and a screaming eagle air filter. Should I try this?
I've been hearing the hypercharger is no diffenernt than just running a K&N (and the housing is just for looks......and I'm fine with that). My concern here is that it may put my bike into a situation where it would be running lean.
Also I found out PCII and PCIII MAPs are not compatible.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Pistol Pete

Thanks for your help guys. I am going to put in another fuel management system, but I thought for I'd use the PCII for this summer. I'd like to put on true duals next year.

Pistol Pete

I have had no problems with my PCIII on my 07 Street Glide. You can always pull your spark plugs and see if they are white (bad), but a sniffer is the way to go.

I'd ditch the PC II.They are very problematic.I won't even dyno tune one.

Hey Fish..what kind of problems?..I've had my PC2 since 04...I gave up some fuel economy for more torque. I upgraded my RK because I pull a trailer..I ride with a small group of guys ..we all ride two up and pull trailers..coz seems none of our trip are too short..lol Mines is a 04 RK bought it in July of 04 and have over 48,000 miles on her. Never had a problem with the Power Commander...however two of the 10 that ride together had Race Tuners and they had all sorts of trouble. I personally think a lot of it has to do with the Dyno Guy. Am not that smart when it comes to Bike engines..my profession was commercial HAVC..and NH3 Cooling systems..so I leave it to you pro to work on the bikes. I believe we have one of the top Dyno guys in the midwest...His name is Dave Getz..and he works for Doc Harley Davidson in Kirkwood Mo...hes just the opposite...even though he works for a HD dealer he prefers not to mess with a RT from Harley...Its a strange world...lol..just adding my 2cents...

Back