free website stats program Power Commander Dyno Jet | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander Dyno Jet

Jonas

Would Harley put a DynoJet on a brand new bike as part of a stage 1 upgrade.

I was looking at a friends girlfriend's 2007 Dyna (Street Bob maybe). The bike had no spark to the front cylinder. Turned out to be the powercomander DynoJet was bad. She had the stage one installed at the time of purchase. The dynojet was tucked in under the ECM. Not visible until you pulled the battery box and fuse and ecm box.

Would Harley put a DynoJet on a brand new bike as part of a stage 1 upgrade.

I was looking at a friends girlfriend's 2007 Dyna (Street Bob maybe). The bike had no spark to the front cylinder. Turned out to be the powercomander DynoJet was bad. She had the stage one installed at the time of purchase. The dynojet was tucked in under the ECM. Not visible until you pulled the battery box and fuse and ecm box.

Maybe, but they would usually try to push the SERT or other HD product. Was her bike new when she got it? No one else tinkering with it?

If you remove it, you should be back to the original set up. Does it run with both cylinders firing?

TQ

A lot of HD dealers are still using powercomander, when EFI first came out on harleys, powercomanders were the only tuning option, so tech's were trainned with them and now some dealers have tech's that only understand powercomanders and some dealers are multi brand and can use powercomanders on all bikes they sell. I started out tuning with powercomanders but when harley came out with the race tuner I jumped on the wagon, and was lucky to work at a dealership with a dyno. I felt harleys had enough magic boxes and wiring on them already, sometimes less is more, I like simple. Harley's tech support would also blame every issue with there ECM on the powercomander if one was installed on the bike, although I have warrantied too many of them over the years. Like some tech's do not understand the sert now, Harley did not understand the powercomander back then. I'm probably a black sheep on the forum, but I like a stock ECM that I can program and I do not have to run the bike on the dyno to tune unless it is really built.

Maybe, but they would usually try to push the SERT or other HD product. Was her bike new when she got it? No one else tinkering with it?

If you remove it, you should be back to the original set up. Does it run with both cylinders firing?

TQ

Yes it was put on when new. When I plugged directly back into the ECM the bike ran fine.

A lot of HD dealers are still using powercomander, when EFI first came out on harleys, powercomanders were the only tuning option, so tech's were trainned with them and now some dealers have tech's that only understand powercomanders and some dealers are multi brand and can use powercomanders on all bikes they sell. I started out tuning with powercomanders but when harley came out with the race tuner I jumped on the wagon, and was lucky to work at a dealership with a dyno. I felt harleys had enough magic boxes and wiring on them already, sometimes less is more, I like simple. Harley's tech support would also blame every issue with there ECM on the powercomander if one was installed on the bike, although I have warrantied too many of them over the years. Like some tech's do not understand the sert now, Harley did not understand the powercomander back then. I'm probably a black sheep on the forum, but I like a stock ECM that I can program and I do not have to run the bike on the dyno to tune unless it is really built.

The bike belongs to a friends girl friend. Tight tight budget right now. I suggested she try to find a stock air cleaner. My understanding is. With the stock AC and aftermarket pipes she should be okay with the stock Harley map. She could be riding

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it might cost for stock A/C you might think about a TFI, a cost effective way to go, I think I seen soneone on the forum was selling a not too used one for $100.00, you might even be able to talk a deal?

You could always seen the Power Commader back to Dyno Jet, theyll test it out for free and update and firmware that it might need, basically tell you if its still good or not.

I used the PCIII when I first had mine. Had problems with it. Changed it out with the SERT tuner. Havn't had a problem with it running since the swap.:D

Update on this. DynoJet PC I will give their customer service 5 stars. They are a sponsor to another site I have been going to for years. Very helpful there with maps ect. Anywhoo, I contact them through the other site, even though the PC was three years old, they sent me a new one with the map transferred over. I just got it yesterday so I have not installed it yet.

Again fantastic customer service and a company that stands behind their product. RARE to find these days.

I will updated again, after I get this put back in.

The fuel line connector was damaged in the troubleshooting process. (Great writeup on this site, wish I would have seen it first, could have saved 44 dollars.) I got the line yesterday too.

Back