free website stats program Power Comander Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Comander Problem

gbsb

I have an '06 Ultra Classic. It has a power comander on it and was running great untill This week. My battery was weak and with the cooler temperature the bike woundn't start. changed out battery fired up ran great. Rode off down the road and it cut out and spit and sputtered. Couldn't find anythink wrong pulled pc off and it runs great agin . Any ideas what could have happen to the pc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I have a stage one breather true duals and Vance and Hines mufflers need the tuner to keep it from running to lean. Thanks GBSB

Not saying there is no problem with the Power Commander but I would do a thorough inspection of all the connections in and around the battery and PC areas just to make sure nothing was loose, corroded, etc. Good connections with some dielectric grease may be all that's needed to fix the issue.

Also might check for any stored diagnostic codes.

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

After you've checked all the connections, I would reconnect the Power Commander to the lap top & run back through & check your program to make sure nothing was lost in the under voltage condition during the weak battery. It's not suppose to happen, but it won't be hard to check. Electrical can do some strange things sometimes. If you still are having problems, call the Power Commander folks, they have some good tech's there and I'm sure they don't want an unhappy customer.

I think TripleJ has you covered. Many times what seems like a complicated electrical or electronic issues come down to a bad connection usually involving the main battery leads. Suggest removing, cleaning both mating surfaces of both ends of both cables (neg off first, on last). I know you just changed out the battery, but doesn't hurt to do this anyway. While doing that, inspect both ends of both cables carefully for signs of corrosion under the insulation. If suspect, replace the cables:

Testing Battery Cables - Harley Davidson Community

If this does not solve the problem, I would suspect the PC module. Call Dynojet and talk to the Tech folks:

Physical Address:
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Drive
North Las Vegas, NV 89081 (USA)
Local Telephone # : +1-702-399-1423
Toll Free: 800-992-4993 (USA only)

TQ

Thanks to all who responded to my problem. I had time this weekend to check it out. The power comander was ok. I found a pin in the factory ECU had pushed back. I don't know how long it had been that way, I pulled the pin back into place and installed every thing back on the bike and it runs great. just an updatr thanks agin GBSB

Back