free website stats program Popping while shifting. | Harley Davidson Forums

Popping while shifting.

Coldbeer

Hey guys help me out if ya can.I have a 07 deluxe V&H side shots.Power commander went out only running on one cylinder.Before it went out had it tuned to the exhaust and a popping started when I shift.Kept getting worse.The power commander went out unplugged it and the poppin is still there but running on both cylinders.Does not run bad no missing rough idle or any of that.Sometimes leaving when it is cold after it warms up it runs funny as (EDITED) and dies.I can turn the switch off and fire it back up and no problems but still pops when I shift ,driving me insane,Going back with the thunder max but curious if it will cure these problems ,Thanks ,Mike

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

The low restriction on the pipes adds to this popping problem. The T max may help after about 500 miles to tune itself but you may never completely eliminate the popping.

I was able to get ride of mine with the T max, but I had to play with the decel fuel cut off range a little bit. it's in the basic settings.

Thanks Wild spirit.Looking fwd to adding the Tmax.Nothing but problems from the Power Commander.Seems like I am the only one in my group thats had trouble with them as well.

Sorry your Power Commander went out. Had it not gone out, the fix is to adjust the map for the decel below 1200 rpm. First try enriching by about 10% to reduce the temp. If that doesn't do it, reduce it to zero.

Assuming you have a computer, it's a really quick and easy fix.

(Yes, I like the Power Commander and find it easy and flexible, despite by buddy Glider's counsel to the contrary. :D

Boy Sharky, you're a real trouble maker lately:rofl

Did I ever tell you the story about how the PC's take out the ECM in some cases?:reyes

:bigsmiley14:
Boy Sharky, you're a real trouble maker lately:rofl

Did I ever tell you the story about how the PC's take out the ECM in some cases?:reyes

Did some research on that one Glider. I believe that issue was related to the PC-IIIs being used on '09 bikes. The PC-V was developed, in part, to correct that issue.

I talked to a couple of HD and independent shops who have installed a large number of PCs; they had not experienced any ECM failures, nor did they know of any documented ones.

So, based on that I went with the PC-V when I installed the 103 kit. If my ECM craps out, I'll buy you a six pack! :cheers

I listen to you. :worthy I just don't always take the advice! :newsmile045:

Last edited:
The ones I was referring to weren't recently and definitely not 09 bikes.

I'm going to hold you to that case!:D

The ones I was referring to weren't recently and definitely not 09 bikes.

I'm going to hold you to that case!:D

:newsmile090: Now I get it...you were referring to something back in prehistoric times. I forgot how old you are! :lolrolling

Back