free website stats program Poll about Polls | Harley Davidson Forums

Poll about Polls

Polls

• Polls are great and I want more

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Most are overkill about a subject that is common sense

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Some are helpfull and I can't wait to vote in them.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Some give marginal input about topics

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Some people will make a poll about anything

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Most are a waste of time

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I generally don't look at the polls

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Too many silly topics in polls

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find forum discussions more useful then polls 90% of the time,that said I read everyone of the lubricant reviews and looked at the poll results before I switched to what I am running now.The only poll I would like to see now is one with the different tuners named and just a simple satisfied,not satisfied and why because that does seem to be a major subject.

I... I don't like that the forum sets a topic to 'Unread' when a poll is updated with no commentary...

I like the polls, adds a little interaction for the members. I agree with biglew55, annoying that a vote on a poll, even without comments, shows up on "unread posts".

Keep 'em coming.

I think that polls are very useful for topics such as oil because they consolidate posts on the subject and provide members with an overview of what other members are using. Otherwise we would have endless new threads on common subjects instead of a "one stop" reference point.

2+ for Big Lou, some are handy as a "snap shot" as to the direction a thread is leaning, which is especially helpful for new viewers, who have not had the opportuity to read through all the posts, and one reason I prefer not to originate threads, as I am on this site not only as a moderator, but primarily as a good listener, trying to get a feel for each post I read first and weigh in only to contribute just a bit, and allow free form thinking to prevail, letting the thread weave it's own fabric and content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back