free website stats program Polished Stainless Or Chrome Handle bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Polished Stainless Or Chrome Handle bars

odie13

Hi my buddy at work has a 2010 Fat Bob with 56959-08 bars on.
are these bars chrome or polished stainless steel, they look to me like
stainless.

You can see the coloration difference between the two. Crome will be bright silver but stainless will have a darker color. Test them with a magnet. SS will not attract a magnet but the other will.

polished stainless would be sweet. and no worries about rusting. if done right you can set the two next to each other and not tell the difference. the big fishing yachts have polished stainless handrails, with all the welds filed and polished. people swear they are chrome, but chrome in saltwater dont last one trip.

Stainless bars will have a slight magnetic attraction, but not real strong. That part # must be Chrome bars because the listings I got were $150 +:newsmile057:

Stainless bars will have a slight magnetic attraction, but not real strong. That part # must be Chrome bars because the listings I got were $150 +:newsmile057:

Good points Breeze. I didn't mention the slight attraction and you remembered it.:s

Thanks

Depending on the quality of the SS is the key here.

Hi put magnet to bars and had only slight sttraction, must be stainless
Thanks all, for your input

Back