free website stats program Plug Wires | Harley Davidson Forums

Plug Wires

Put on a set of red Accel wires today on my 2007 Low Rider. Went 5 miles and the Check Engine light came on. Stopped on the side of the road and changed back to the stock wires. Light went out. Finished my ride and when I got back I did a little checking here and found out about the 2007 and up knock sensoring. OK I got it but now I'm wondering if the Screaming Eagle red wires will work?
WAP.gif

Like when I replace my spark plugs the dealer always wants to up sell the S.E. plugs. My reply is always the same no thanks. You have already gambled once, why try again. I would stick with the O.E. and forget about it....:s

I got a pair of The SE wires for free and have run them for 15,000 miles with NO problems:s

The SE wires eat oil pumps :lolrolling

LOL, in fact the ohm meter checks the same as stock, they have thicker insulation and look cool in red emansihstahw is a trouble maker BHAAAAAAAA

LOL, in fact the ohm meter checks the same as stock, they have thicker insulation and look cool in red emansihstahw is a trouble maker BHAAAAAAAA

And do they make the bike go faster ??????????????? :dknow
Naw, he just stating facts and nothing but the facts......:p

And do they make the bike go faster ??????????????? :dknow
Naw, he just stating facts and nothing but the facts......:p

:s I will tell you 1 thing, I got the SE plugs for free also, after running the bike a few miles, after shutting it down, when I went to restart it it banged thru the exhaust, like preignition, I chucked them and went back to stock plugs. If I had not got the plugs for free I never would have wasted money on them. Hoople did a VERY good write up on Ion Sensing I encourage all who are thinking on changing plugs to a more EXOTIC one to read it Some Theory on Ion Knock Sub-System - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I ohmed the short wire today just for S&Gs. BIG difference. The short Accel wire was 311 ohms and the Harley wire was 2900 ohms.
To be honest I wanted the red wires just for the looks. I will be sticking with the stock ones and giving the wires to a friend with an older ride.
Thanks for all the comebacks.

Back