free website stats program please help!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

please help!!!

I went for ride today, the bike idle fine but as soon I put in the first gear and go it start stalling and up and down , thought maybe the gas, so went and filled up the tank and for about 60 miles, only still stalling in all gear ,my bike is outside right now,
I hooked the pv and it state the code :

ECM:p0113 HIST
IAT Sensor Voltage Open/High EFI
ECM:p0505 HIST
Loss of Idle Sped Control EFI

I looked at the manual I don't see the IAT sensor where it located , maybe I am nervous ughhh

I cant even get it in garage so worried I will fell of it since I leave in uphill with gravel ...thanks

Not sure if this bike has IAC but if it does, I would clean it. If its throttle by wire, it could be a bad or dirty connection.

Not sure if this bike has IAC but if it does, I would clean it. If its throttle by wire, it could be a bad or dirty connection.

yea it is throtle by wire, i didnt see any iat sensor in service manual. i dont know where to locate it to clean though, also what do u mean by dirty connection ? do u mean the throtle cable itself?
thanks for the help.

well, I did spray some carb cleaner on map sensor , coudnt find the iat sensor. went for short ride and from first gear it jerk and sputter couldn't make 1/2 mile , took it back to garage .
I am not sure if the twist grip sensor could do that since I just change the handlebar, could it?

also put the pv and took gauge to test the Engine temp sensor the Iat and the map sensor as voltage . took video but couldn't load it , as I am in idle for about 5 mn, the map sensor keep jumping from 1.2v to 3.8 v . shouldn't be steady if it is in idle , the IAT sensor was almost steady at about 2.51 v , it varie by 0.01 to 0.02 v while the et sensor was steady too.

going to order the electrical book tom , I hope they have in stock.

thanks

So did this problem exist before the handlebar change? I suspect that you have nicked or pinched a wire. I would start with the last thing you did and go from there.

So did this problem exist before the handlebar change? I suspect that you have nicked or pinched a wire. I would start with the last thing you did and go from there.

it never jerked like it did yesterday or today, I am talking u cant ride the bike at all , like it is too much gas and jump up like I am riding motorcros on mountain, hope I explain it right. it did stall before the change a while back few times ( like it misses ) at high speed around 55-65 mph , but I assumed just old gas and it ran good after few fill up and gas cleaner .

the only thing I am thinking it may be the wire (throttle wire) may broke inside when I did the handlebar. but iam thinking if it was that the bike will not idle or idle rough and cant give more throttle when parking in garage , .

I am still waiting on the video to load and u may notice. I took 2 video one with Fahrenheit one with voltage for some sensor .

thanks for the help

The IAT sensor is a two wire sensor it will be on the throttle body my 2012 soft tail the colors are lt blue and a black/white. my bike threw the IAT code a couple times after I got it. look careful at the connector, mine the lock clips were not all the way over the ears. once I pushed it all the way on it has not thrown that code. the map sensor is also going to be on the throttle body or manifold it is a 3 wire sensor, there is nothing to clean in them so don't spray cleaner into them as they might hurt the diaphragm. I suspect the map voltage jumping around is due to the unstable idle. the map sensor measures manifold air pressure so if the idle is unstable the pressure is changing and the map is reporting that. The IAC is on the throttle body also it is cylindrical shape it will have 4 wire I believe.
I don't have a diagnostic manual for your Bike so to diag it you will need one.

I would make sure the connection is good on the IAT sensor if not correct it clear the codes and see if the idle code comes back.
as far as testing the IAT you will need to know the air temp at the sensor then measure the resistance of the sensor then find the spec for the sensor for said temp. which should be in the service manual or the manual for diagnosing the computer controls.

The IAT sensor is a two wire sensor it will be on the throttle body my 2012 soft tail the colors are lt blue and a black/white. my bike threw the IAT code a couple times after I got it. look careful at the connector, mine the lock clips were not all the way over the ears. once I pushed it all the way on it has not thrown that code. the map sensor is also going to be on the throttle body or manifold it is a 3 wire sensor, there is nothing to clean in them so don't spray cleaner into them as they might hurt the diaphragm. I suspect the map voltage jumping around is due to the unstable idle. the map sensor measures manifold air pressure so if the idle is unstable the pressure is changing and the map is reporting that. The IAC is on the throttle body also it is cylindrical shape it will have 4 wire I believe.
I don't have a diagnostic manual for your Bike so to diag it you will need one.

I would make sure the connection is good on the IAT sensor if not correct it clear the codes and see if the idle code comes back.
as far as testing the IAT you will need to know the air temp at the sensor then measure the resistance of the sensor then find the spec for the sensor for said temp. which should be in the service manual or the manual for diagnosing the computer controls.

thabk you for reply. I see the et sensor and the mao sensor and iac sensor no other sensor on the intake manfold. U r right about idling bot stable but it is within specification. It stays around 970- 1000 when it warm up. I saw also a concetor in the neck. Didnt know what it is and dint check if it is just a plug or sensor. Will do chexk later and do intake test with some spray . THanks. Waiting on dealer to ooen so i will give tgem a call about electrical book
WAP.gif

thabk you for reply. I see the et sensor and the mao sensor and iac sensor no other sensor on the intake manfold. U r right about idling bot stable but it is within specification. It stays around 970- 1000 when it warm up. I saw also a concetor in the neck. Didnt know what it is and dint check if it is just a plug or sensor. Will do chexk later and do intake test with some spray . THanks. Waiting on dealer to ooen so i will give tgem a call about electrical book
WAP.gif

I miss spoke Your bike does not have a IAC your bike is fly by wire. the connector at the (neck) I presume you mean on the throttle body is the throttle motor. you can check to make sure the connection is good. do not spray cleaner in it.
Did you check the IAT sensor connection?

well, my problem is solved after changing the sensor TMAP, didn't help when I took short ride, then today I was planning to tear down the fuel pump and change the fuel filter , got to dealer got new filter and new fuel line, turn out it was the fuel filter hat caused all the problem , I couldn't even believe that I could do that, remind u that I was planning to do fuel filter since I have 23000 miles on bike, and book ask for at least 25000 miles to change , what a relief, I checked every freaking wire according to book , I almost thought It will be the intake manifold, but glad it was just the filter.
I post this just to help anyone that had or may have same symptoms, my advice check fuel filter first ,
thank you everyone for help.

Back