free website stats program please help | Harley Davidson Forums

please help

ivorcouple

hey all i am in desperate need... i have installed 16 in apes on my 2008 heritage i ran wires internally everything worked fine as i made connections but today i put control switches back on bars and i have lost my turn signals ,,horn,, and front fender light i dont know if i scraped a wire ,,,,but if i did are those three compononts on one fuse? i still have headlights ,,, starter,,, run,,,,rear tail,,,rear fender,,,, and the signal lights slill flash twice when cut off for alarm ....if ya can i would appreciate the help....thanks mike

Good possibility you popped the accessory fuse, one way to tell is check the fuses with a test light. Eyeballing them sometimes gives you a false indication.

Right off the top of my head, couldn't tell you but if you check the fuses like mentioned, you will find if the fuse is gone. If you replace it and it goes again, time to take the wiring out of the bars again.
You can also look in the manual in the back, there's wiring diagrams that will tell you too.

yeah i thought i probably would have to rewire ...my problem was i cut wires at about 4 inches from controls and 4 inches from where they run into the bars so i have single wires running thru the bars and trying to get them pushed back into the bars after soldering was a pain....any suggestions?

Stagger the joints in the wires that go in the bars and take your time. Chamfer the holes in the bars so they don't cut the wires. Other than that....good luck.

Back